My Test Please Help ME!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What us ammonia and nitrites at? Clowns are very hardy they will survive if ammonia levels are low enough however don't be surpised if they die within the year or two.. most likly will shortin their life span because ammonia burns their gills.

he posted a picture on the first page of the nitrite its pretty high

Last edited:
Just said ammonia was at zero... if there is high levels of ammonia too... kiss the aquarium glass cuz your clown might not make it..

Just said ammonia was at zero... if there is high levels of ammonia too... kiss the aquarium glass cuz your clown might not make it..

i meant nitrite not ammonia i fixed my posting.

Looks like no ammonia but those nitrites are SUPER HIGH... it remains kiss the glass cuz ur suffocating your fish.

Looks like no ammonia but those nitrites are SUPER HIGH... it remains kiss the glass cuz ur suffocating your fish.

yea like i said in the previous posts the nitrite is REAL HIGH so if the lfs wont let you return the fish try doing some water changes to bring down the nitrites its all you can really do at this point

do water changes until the levels are pretty low and keep doing it. it's going to be a long hard road to save those guys.

okay thank you very much, tomorrow ill go buy salt water to do more water changes, do i do water changes every week?

okay thank you very much, tomorrow ill go buy salt water to do more water changes, do i do water changes every week?

try doing a big water change to bring the nitrite all the way down and monitor it daily to make sure it doesnt get too high

This isn't an attack on you and please don't give up on the hobby its very rewarding... however this forum is established to help new poeple like yourself .. please take what the poeple here have to say unlike ur local fish store we don't post on this forum to make payroll..meaning we don't get paid. Everyone has messed up and do even after doing it for many years( i just did).. but be patient for your own pocket book.

In my experince water changes at 30% a day wont bring the levels down fast enough the cost of the salt water would be way more then that of the fish. .. just my honest opinion. This might be harsh for the fish lovers, but id continue the cycle as normal.

im never quitig i have a 125 gallon fresh water, and im starting with saltwater cause the fishes are beautifull i love fishes and always will and i wont give up, so ill do water changes ever how many days??

Everyday at least 20 % for the next week at least till those nitrites are. 0.50 then ur fish might have a chance but at 2.0 or. In your case almost a 5 there is no chance

Back
Top Bottom