My Tomato Clown Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sephirot

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well i did the test. and the Answers are:

High Range pH: 7.8 - 8.0 I think the color that matches with is 7.8

AMMONIA (NH 3/NH 4+): 0 ppm

NITRATE (NO2-): 0.25 - 0.50 I think the color maches with is 0.50

NITRATE (NO3-) 0 ppm

HYDROMETER: 1.022-1.023 -It Was At 1.032 But Then LFS Told Me To Remove Some Water And Add Fresh Water And Thats How I Got 1.022-1.023.

Soo, Is there something wrong? and if there is Are these products good ? My LFS Told Me To Get These So I Can Fix These Problems When I did the water test at the LFS: MICROBE-LIFT-pH BUFFER/STABILIZER and KH Alkalinity Supplement Sets Salwater at a pH of 8.2.

and the other product is : MICROBE-LIFT NITE-OUt II : Nitrifyinh Bacteria.

Please HELP ME THanks

You dont need any of those. As far as the PH just do some PWC`s and most of the time it will take care of that. As far as the bacteria just read our SW cycling article in the SW articles section.

ok, well my two tomato clown fish are breathing tooo fast :/ Will that cure them? they dont even eat either.. :/ And Every Day i have to do PWC's? And It has to be Fresh water or salt water?

it does not seem like your tank has cycled it self yet the nitrite is poisonous and can effect the resperatory of fish, just keep doing PWC to help your two clowns out until all the bacteria has established itself and you get no nitrites and no ammonia.

you can either take the clowns back to the store while your tank cycles or you can keep them in there, but doing this can put alot of stress on them which can push them to near death.

The point of the PWC is to lower nitrite which is poisonous to your fish. Every time you change some water out, you take out some nitrite and add SW that contains no nitrite thus lowering it. 0 is the ideal level for nitrite. Hope that helps you understand it better. I would try to keep the nitrite as low as possible

Back
Top Bottom