My Two Tomato Clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sephirot

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well i started off with a 2/5 gall tank and my two tomato clown were just fine . and 1 month before i upgraded to a 10 gallon fish tank and they were fine for like 3 day's, i bought a Yellow Maroon Anemone, and they were still fine and then the next day i bought the anemone the Female Clown was swimming on above the sand and just staying still and just swimming in place. he would stay next to a rock and stay there , then i bought a heater thinking its cause of the water too cold. but then the other clown starts doing the same but just breathing really fast and staying in palce next to a rock and he wont eat or anything. none of the two clowns are eating, the only thing they do is stay in place next to a rock, the water temperature is at 80 F . So Please Any Help? I don't want them to die :/ i wasted more than $200.00 on this Setup. Any Helpp please? i had a 50 gal before and my fishes were all fine then i sold everything and now i started off again. soo please if im missing something can someone let me know? A.S.A.P PLEASE THANKS

Do you have two clowns and an anemone in a 2.5 g tank? Or are theyin the 10g now?

Need more information, filtration, tests results lighting especially if youhave a nem.

Nems need alot of light. What type of light do you have?

Do you have a water test kit? maybe there is something amiss in the water to cause them to act funny.

Ammonia, nitrite and nitrate would be good to know.

today i bought a T5 Flouresent Blue light and white. and i really dont have a water test kit.. do you have a clue o nhow much the water test cost?

They are like $30 in petco or petsmart but you can get them online for like $25. That would be my definite first purchase and quick. You can tell alot about your fish just from water testing. It sounds like maybe your tank isnt cycled and the only way to know is to test the water.

Do you have a petco or other fish store that can test your water til you get a kit?

I'd see if they have the API saltwater master kit. It will test for everything you need. If they don't but have the strips wait til you can get the API. The strips aren't as reliable. I would bring a water sample to them and see what they say. i wouldnt buy any additives like "bacteria in a bottle" or anything they say is gonna cycle your tank.

let us know what happens!!

Okay Thank You For Your Help, What im Gonna do this weekend is buy new water and make a 10% change and buy a shrimp and buy the kit. and ill let you know what happens.

Why are you buying a shrimp? If the water parameters is the cause of your clowns' behavior, it'll most likely kill your shrimp also.

If your talking about a raw shrimp to cycle, you don't need it anymore since your fishes are cycling the tank.

Can you provide more information, it'll really help to fix the problems.

1. How long has the tank been up?
2. What type of filtration and amount of LR?
3. Did you make your own salt or bought it?

Well I Bought The Kit, And My Ph Is at 1.023 Th Pet Store Said That Fine. Before i had The highest Ph. so they told me to add fresh water. Because my tank has alot of salt. so now im going to do a test on the Amonia and the other stuff. Can someone tell me at wat level the amonia and nitr shud be at?

Ok ill check on That now. And my lfs said to buy these chemicals in case i have bad amonia and nit, These are the chemicals :Nite-Out IT Nitrifing Bacteria . MICROBE-LIFT Ph BUFFER/STABILIZIER. Are those The one i need to put if i have them high?

Ok ill check on That now. And my lfs said to buy these chemicals in case i have bad amonia and nit, These are the chemicals :Nite-Out IT Nitrifing Bacteria . MICROBE-LIFT Ph BUFFER/STABILIZIER. Are those The one i need to put if i have them high?

Well i did the test. and the Answers are:

High Range pH: 7.8 - 8.0

AMMONIA (NH 3/NH 4+): 0 ppm

NITRATE (NO2-): 0.25 - 0.50 i think the color maches with 0.50

NITRATE (NO3-) 0 ppm

Soo, Is there something wrong? and if there is Are these products good ? MICROBE-LIFT-pH BUFFER/STABILIZER and KH Alkalinity Supplement Sets Salwater at a pH of 8.2.

and the other product is : MICROBE-LIFT NITE-OUt II : Nitrifyinh Bacteria.

Please HELP ME THanks :)

I wouldn't use any of the chemicals, just return them all. The tank will naturally lower ammonia and nitrite which is better in the long run compared to using chemicals.

Your nitrite (NO2-) is high, I would do a PWC since you have fish. 0 is the ideal level.

pH could be a little bit higher, 8.0-8.3 is ideal level. Just aim a power head up to create more surface agitation and it should help.

Everything else looks good.

Back
Top Bottom