my unexpected 125g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
photo.php

It happened lol

Well tank leaked while we weren't home....fish are most likely gonna die off ...main fuse panel is ruined, have no electricity in the house... my sw venture is over

huma-huma said:
Well tank leaked while we weren't home....fish are most likely gonna die off ...main fuse panel is ruined, have no electricity in the house... my sw venture is over

Ouch.... Man I'm really sorry to hear that.

huma-huma said:

I'd sell the fish as fast as possible so you can atleast get some money back.

huma-huma said:

I'm honestly sorry for all of this. I can just imagine how horrible it must feel.

Not selling them to salvage money, they are no different than a dog or other faithful family pet. I can understand the reasoning though. After the initial shock of it all, I've settled down and regained my composure. Ultimately, im not getting it of this hobby. The silver lining in the whole situation is now we can start over with the same fish but instead of having adult versions of them, we will have all babies. This way we can add fish in the proper order and watch them grow over time. Once again got a TON of work ahead of me. Need to start gameplanning for some serious floor supports.

huma-huma said:
Not selling them to salvage money, they are no different than a dog or other faithful family pet. I can understand the reasoning though. After the initial shock of it all, I've settled down and regained my composure. Ultimately, im not getting it of this hobby. The silver lining in the whole situation is now we can start over with the same fish but instead of having adult versions of them, we will have all babies. This way we can add fish in the proper order and watch them grow over time. Once again got a TON of work ahead of me. Need to start gameplanning for some serious floor supports.

Well I know I'll still be following so I'll be looking forward to it.

Sorry to hear... I am truly upset for you. I am glad that you are stubborn enough to continue. I know you'll have years of pleasure for your ambition and drive for this hobby.

OMG!!! I saw 3 Aussie Tusks for 199 each and were 6" long. I wanted to get them soo badly but were out of my price range. But they ship fish so I just wanted to let you know.

Ok now Huma, I am glad you're hanging in there cause believe it or now following your thread (when I can) has helped me through some rough times, including not tank related. I still am not able to get my act together but I get there a inch at a time. Now you should be good to go with the new year and I hope it treats you much better. Good luck with all the planning of your new build :)

Back
Top Bottom