my unexpected 125g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really want a crosshatch trigger but can't justify spending 550 on a single fish this early in my tanks life. Looked into the clown, prob a nogo because its max is 20". Also checked out a harrlequin risk.. any advice on that one?

I def do but it says that it shouldn't be housed with lions:( and although im sure they could prob coexist, im not wanting to even risk my lion( he's my baby) I think we've narrowed it down to a clown trigger or risk
p-75839-harlequin-tusk.jpg

I think the risk would look amazing in our dark colored tank

my lfs store had a huge tusk but he would eat all my inverts still a very cool fish

Yeah im mainly invert-free:) except for the two blue-leg hermits that hid out and survived the transport. Just really need some bright colored fish. I mean my picasso is colorful but in a 125 its not enough color lol

found a scratch on the front glass:( its in the middle towards the top...but its on the inside...im so confused as to how this happened... gotta drain the tank partly tm and try to buff it out

good idea, its only visible if youre standing right up close to the tank, if i sit on my couch and look at the tank, cant see it at all. couch is about 3 ft away

looka amazing!:) just watch him for awhile, they have one of the weirdest swimming habits. is yours hiding like crazy? mine is just now starting to actually swim out in th open.

Yep hes stayed in that spot for hours now lol. I kno he's eating because he ate a feeder and frozen shrimp at the LFS but wont eat now. Guess he just needs to adapt so I'll try feeding him tomorrow.

they dont eat as often as other fish, ive heard waiting 2-3 complete days will jumpstart their feeding.Their strike is crazy fast too.

good news:) well had an eventful day:) went to Petsmart and picked up 10 rosies for my lion, and 3 ghost shrimp for my 20g. Also will be heading out in the AM to pick up 8-10g tanks and hopefully (hopefully) a steel-framed custom 18g!!!. have a question about my LR in my 125 though. Ive noticed that there seems to have been an small outbreak of green hair algae growing over my rock, what (if any) choices do i have in terms of inverts that eat this stuff?? hopefully i can get an invert that wont get tore up by my triggers and lion.

Hopefully when you get your steel frame you will post some pics. I would like to see that. That just gave me a nasty idea for a welding project.

How is the tank doing besides the algae? Where did/ dose it come from?

idk if im gonna get it:( i def want it but its a 20 tall and he wants 50 bucks for it.. 30-35 bucks i could understand but 50 is a bit too steep for me.
the green hair algae is from too much light and nutrients i believe. hopefully a few days of reduced lighting will cut it back some. i might scrub a piece of it at a time.

yeah, seems that everyone's cast offs are worth their weight in gold when im looking to buy. still gave me the idea to weld something up... but thats down the road when im rich and i can afford the glass to mess up with.

thanks for the knowledge on the algae. ill try to scrub it off the rock we bought.

Back
Top Bottom