my unexpected 125g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just get a tank and take off the trim:) then you can fit any welded steel trim on :)
very sad and aggravating news today.. stopped at our lfs to check out the new order that came in. after some researching and about 10 minutes of conversation with the manager, ended up picking up a rainbow wrasse, was about 3inches long and amazingly beautiful. took home and acclimated, released into our tank, our picasso trigger chased him 2 pr 3 times then gave up, well just came home from work to the wrasse half eaten stuck under a rock:( .im so heart broken and mad. had to remind myself numerous times that sometimes thats exactly the triggers behavior, just to attack a fish until it dies. :(

Australian%20Rainbow%20wrasse.jpg

not a pic of our specific wrasse but looks exactly the same

Exactly what my picasso tried to do to my bursa but only nipped him a bit on the tail then the bursa fought back nothing serious happened and now their like best buds swimming together and they tag team the feeder comets until it's dead

shoulda known it was gonna happen, just a very hard learned lesson in that i simpy cant put a non-aggressive fish in my tank:( the honest problem is that when the trigger nips at another fish, if the other fish just ignores them or nips back, the triggers stop, but as soon as the fish darts to get away, my triggers attack

Yea their just like piranhas. They nip to see if they can get an aggressive reaction and if not they go in for the kill.

carey said:
Aww that sucks man. Sorry about your fish....but as you stated its thenature of your tank....

I picked up a orange-finned tang today!! Along with a stars and stripes puffer.our two domino damsels were bullying the puffer so I caught them both and they are going to my lfs tomorrow,would rather open up room for another fish than deal with these two bullies, pics to come

im sorry, we have a blue-spotted puffer, not a stars and stripes puffer, i will work on better pics the next day or so but the tang is gonna be tough to catch lol.
304616_2304522738715_1418647088_2686795_7950785_n.jpg

and our orange-tipped tang
311247_2304212330955_1418647088_2686348_2631557_n.jpg

alot of things have taken place today in terms of the tank, this morning i woke up and decided to switch the background to blue (good choice) and also got sick and tired of the calcium deposits on the overflows, so i spent an hour and a half scrubbing one overflow..looks 100x better. the other overflow box is up for cleaning tomorrow. also, in a very brief stroke of genius, came up with my sump layout...ill post a better drawing of it one day soon. and as a result of my dominos aggravating the new members, i netted them and they will be going to my lfs tomorrow, just too aggressive and bullish ( plus it opens a spot for one last fish) finally tamed my picasso trigger to the point where i can be in the tank for extended periods without worrying about getting bit....:) i thought this tank was awesome before, these 2 new additions look like they are glowing in my tank! so happy

spectacular! probably couldnt put an orange-tipped tang in my 75 could i? that fish is amazing.

also look forward to you sump design.

hey, if your taking requests for pictures how about a full tank shot?

coffeetwitch said:
spectacular! probably couldnt put an orange-tipped tang in my 75 could i? that fish is amazing.

also look forward to you sump design.

hey, if your taking requests for pictures how about a full tank shot?

I wouldnt recommend putting one in a 75, the problem is that they are very active swimmers and need alot of horizontal space. Once I get the scaping finished I will most def get some fts loaded up. The new blue background def makes the fish stand out

haha yeah it prob would be ok will a baby but once growing up itll be too small:(
heres a few pics, got the scaping semi-done so far. the background is growing on me, and def loving the new additions!!
296892_2305440961670_1418647088_2687569_1376756_n.jpg

a lil closer up
310466_2305431961445_1418647088_2687564_4342029_n.jpg

and on a different note, we picked up our new kitten, hes a 6 week old pure white kitten..with different collr eyes:)
304590_2304264692264_1418647088_2686374_5350644_n.jpg

Well the 2 domino damsels are gone, dropped them off at my lfs. our fish have completely opened up. They are soo much happier

Back
Top Bottom