Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-23-2011, 04:59 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Have to wait till saturday now to see the tank the guy wants to "talk" to me about the tank.....I'm wondering what he's gonna talk about

Old 06-23-2011, 05:05 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

can you get a better shot of the light? it kinda looks like theres a label or something on the front of it.

Old 06-26-2011, 04:22 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Well, went to see it today and all I can say is WOW!!!! We spent an hour there just bsing about the tank and whatnot. Ok here are some specifics the hood is a 72" aqualife, it has 4 cf bulbs total, 2 10k's and 2 actinic, also has 6 moonlight leds built in, split into 2 switches to control left and right halfs.. Also has an Emperor 400 HOB filter for stability. An in sump protein skimmer with a custom built refugium. Dual overflow setup with 4 wide angle jets total. About 80-100 lbs of sand and 150 lbs of live rock. 2 seperate in tank water heaters. And also 2 PH's , one in each upper front corner. Sorry I didn't get the names of the heaters,ph, but I was too excited to ask. He also has a buttload of food and cleaning supplies he's gonna throw in too. Of which a reef master test kit is included. he turned all the lights out and switched on the moonlights......I was mesmerized. Imma work on uploading.2 pics real quick. Comments are appreciated
Old 06-26-2011, 05:24 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Old 06-26-2011, 05:35 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Sorry for the crappy pic, only had my girls droid x with us, the emperor hob was runnings, obviously creating ripples, which created a crazy looking lighting effect on the rocks below
Old 06-28-2011, 02:11 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

wow such a lively build thread lol. oh well im gonna be transfering our new tank this sunday gonna use our empty 55g for a holding tank until i can get the 125 settled in and stable

as a side note, will prob be having a few SW fish up for sale within a week, but gonna keep that to the classified ads
Old 06-28-2011, 09:38 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Looking forward to seeing it setup!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:47 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Can't wait wait to see it up and running.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:50 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Some more fantastic news, just amazingly sold my laptop afte only a single day on craigslist, moneys a lil tight right now on bills so I sacrificed a few worthy electronics to offset the price of this tank, have the money for the tank and also contacted the seller, tank is mine and just waiting for them to contact me back about a good pickup time, hopefully no later than sunday.
And also decided that we are gonna sell the maroon and yellow clown and get 1 orange ocellaris and a b&w perculla, a lawnmower blenny, and baby volitan lionfish... I know a lot of you are gonna say bad idea on the lionfish, but if the clowns reach adult size as the loinfish does, he should leave them alone.....
Old 06-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Update** relocated my 20g long dt from the living room to out bedroom, seeing as to how our livingroom doesn't have a wall with 72" of uninterrupted width, going to close off one window and place the tank along the same wall. After relocating the 20g, I proceeded to remove the box stand I was using, it appears my Rena Smartfilter 55 wasn't exactly "smart"....as to it was slowly leaking water onto my stand and then soaking the carpet, upon moving my stand, there was a big patch of black mold growing in the carpet, I proceeded to use the carpet scrubber and some bleach to safely remove the mold.....only the bleach was a bit too strong. Woke up this morning to a discolored carpet in the corner of my livingroom whoops.....still haven't heard from the seller, trying not to nag him and upset him. Prob gonna be picking up tank this weekend

Tags
1.5g, build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com