my unexpected 125g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this is what i know. you seem great about thinking of ideas and a touch out side the box. you seem to be masking your sump. there is tape and fingernail polish remover(acetone). the doors have been removed. ive seen that done to install equipment under the dt. there is clutter, not saying its bad clutter but as if those items where moved to get them out of the way and clear some work space.

after that im probably missing the obvious, and too unfamiliar with everything a person can do with this hobby.

You are actually pretty close. The current project does involve the stand, im not truly trying to rebuild the sump. But I did find myself drilling a 10g tank last night..... we shall see about that. I did however flip my refugium back around so that the return pump and skimmer are in the last bin and the refugium part is sectioned off on its own

Then my next guesses that your making an "L" or extension to your stand and having a reef or different type of fish tank run right in with it.

I have no idea what he's up to but I bet it will be quite neat. :) Will be waiting for the final unveiling......lol

scottayy said:
drilling down through the floor?

I wish, don't have the space downstairs to run a remote dump, REALLY wish I did. If all goes well there will be some more pics in about an hour or so. Just changed up the plans a bit and had to stop at Walmart for some supplies:)

304517_201002609967561_100001734711521_512261_515373863_n.jpg

Ok so ran into some very aggravating roadblocks, so I decided to skip the first project for tm and get a bit of work done on my stand, I decided to sand down my entire stand and smooth it and stain it a red mahogany. So above is the current pic. Word of advice to all, IF you ever decide to sand and restain a fishtank stand.....make sure you ft alot of sandpaper, time, and patience... as for the other project, it involves my empty 55g tank..... and if you're wondering if I plan on removing my tank temporarily, im not:)

296291_201003919967430_100001734711521_512262_1365783600_n.jpg
close up of one finished door.

303101_201003999967422_100001734711521_512263_307041377_n.jpg
side by side with old door.. the white lines on the door are from me sanding the seams

Looks good, stand will look more updated now and spiffy. ;-)

Iknwothe patience game, I actually scraped off the painted background on a tank last week and it took me days of patience and bit by bit work. I will never do that again though. LOL

Thank you all:) its def coming along good despite my palm sander deciding to literally fall apart mid use... stupid 20 year old craftsman sanders. So far the top horizontal piece and the left center vertical piece are stained to match, need to do 3 more vertical supports, 2 doors, and each side..... why did I start this? Lol. On the other project, I'm seriously contemplating ditching my refugium for a 55g wet/dry, any inputs? The only reason I haven't already done it is because the current setup seems to be handling the load rather well. Im so afraid that ill do all this upgrading and it'll be crappy

Back
Top Bottom