my unexpected 125g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I swear this stupid auto spell is THE worst idea ever! I meant I am gonna build a 12 bulb uv sterilizer and hang it over my tank

Huma, I hate to say it but I think youre gonna have to actually qt the fish and medicate or hypo them. Theres not much else you can do with it in your tank that is a guaranteed cure.

It may go away for a while, but it would haunt me knowing that it's in there still. And if it comes back I hear it;s worse than the first time it hits cause they have multiplied in your tank.

Good luck, keep us updated. I was hoping for an easier fix for you since your fowlr but it seems you can't catch a break.

not only have they multiplied in your tank, your fish are more susceptable becuase theyve been moved back and forth and added stress of that.

There outbreak of nothing you can't see is the worse part... Huma, I hope ur fish get cured and you can kick the ich... Best of luck brother....

And butterfly is going in a 10g by itself, don't know if itll stop the spread but its worth a try

Get a sponge filter and an air pump remember no substrate and rock. But if you want you can add plastic plants. Quickcure is good for killing ick

Thank you:) the fish is now in a 10g in the bottom left of the stand...I put one of my marineland ph's in there. Talk about tramatic, I have to use a tupperware container to move the butterflyfish because of his spines...we'll he decided that wasn't cuttig it for him and decided to jump out of it onto my floor... luckily I had a net laying right next to me. I, like the majority of you all, am completely and utterly obsessed and love my fish, this whole ich thin has been bothering me to the point that people are telling me im irritable, SOOO I decided to ease my pain today before work. Got a new toy for the livingroom and let me tell ya, it helps lol
298611_204894309578391_100001734711521_523844_910299565_n.jpg

That a new tv? if it is NICEEEEEE way to ease your pain.

It's gonna be hectic in the beginning I bet but in the end you can positively say you have no ich in your tank. Alot of people have it in there and their fish can fight it off, but not you, you will be 100% clean. Like a clean slate. :)

If you get ich again then its time to re asses how you qt. :)

Well see that's the thing, up until now I didn't qt, because I haven't had a single hiccup in terms of healthy fish. But you can bet I will be now. And yes that's a new 46" sony led tv.gonna be hanging it on the wall before work today. As a side note, after today I should have all 3 doors completely finished:)

It always takes something to prompt people to qt. I can't talk because i was the same way. lol But good luck with the wallmount :)

I'm glad my misfortune may have saved a fish or two. lol It's just one of those things people don't do until something happens. I lost a lot of $$ when my fish died and I also had to spend that same money again to buy new stock.

If I can up my chances of having healthy fish and all it takes is to be patient while the fish are in qt I'm all in.

I know this is prob not even possible but the ich is disappearing...and I mean its to the point that I can only see like 1-2 little spots.. im shocked at how quickly the icy seems to have disappeared...is that even possible? That if its caught early enough its easy to rid of?

Back
Top Bottom