my unexpected 125g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I figured they were really aggressive but I think he would do good in the tank because my picasso and niger are about 5-6 inches and my lion just doesn't take anyones bs lol

Undulated triggers are said to be the most aggressive fish in the aquarium trade. They kill EVERYTHING in the fish tank lol. I wouldnt risk it.

Im not even sure if im gonna end up with him but if I do and it doesn't work out ill figure it out. And wow do I have a fun night ahead. Just got home from work and I need to dose the qt tank (which now has a puffer too) lower the sg again, its at 1.024 before water change today. Trates are sitting at 5 on the dt. My lionfish looks a lil pale but has picked up some color in the past 5 minutes. The tang has finally discovered the joys of swimming in the ph flow. Ohh and also I gotta buff the doors and see if I need to apply another coat of stain. ANDDD gotta sand down the remainder of the stand

huma-huma said:
Im not even sure if im gonna end up with him but if I do and it doesn't work out ill figure it out. And wow do I have a fun night ahead. Just got home from work and I need to dose the qt tank (which now has a puffer too) lower the sg again, its at 1.024 before water change today. Trates are sitting at 5 on the dt. My lionfish looks a lil pale but has picked up some color in the past 5 minutes. The tang has finally discovered the joys of swimming in the ph flow. Ohh and also I gotta buff the doors and see if I need to apply another coat of stain. ANDDD gotta sand down the remainder of the stand

Mistakes..........

Ohh he has ich, no doubt about it.. and im slightly confused about lifters not gettin ich because fish get ich on their fins, which aren't scales right?

Im not sure honestly, I've heard that before from others. Just confused because I know for sure my puffer has ich and its on his fins

ahhh such a lovely start to my day off. had to run to petsmart to pick up some feeder fish for my chubby lionfish, did another pwc on the qt tank, its down to about 1.019 and also dosed.

Also scraped up some unsightly dark brown algae offs sand bed. I REALLY need to buy a rodi unit and upgrade my skimmer. Ughh I feel like I am falling behind on this tank. To anyone interested, I am selling my skimmer. Check it out in the classifieds:) it does pull out some nasty stuff, I personally just can't get it dialed in

huma-huma said:
I just can't get it dialed in at all, am I doing something wrong??

To much water? Twitch and X told me to leave in 7" of water, mine now is 12. U try moving it up yet?

huma-huma said:
Moving what up? Mine has a dail knob ...don't know of any up down adjuster

Move the skimmer up closer to the surface. Is it a in sump skimmer?

I have it in my sump, which is 2 10g rubbermaids...its in about 7 inches of water. Its just too inconsistent...anytime I do mange to get it dialed in, the next day its either overflowing or halfway empty:(

huma-huma said:
I have it in my sump, which is 2 10g rubbermaids...its in about 7 inches of water. Its just too inconsistent...anytime I do mange to get it dialed in, the next day its either overflowing or halfway empty:(

Put it deeper in the water. 9 inches... Mine has a gate way and is a pain in the butt!

Back
Top Bottom