my unexpected 125g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got him into the sump, he immediately perked up and started swimming around.. looks like he's resting now but as of this second he's seeming to be doing better. Also has some neon orange already breaking thru on his face heading to a halloween costume party so ill let everyone know the verdict when I get back

393597_220116244722864_100001734711521_570849_1976911654_n.jpg

Idk if he's gonna make it... think maybe his water got a tad too cold, but im currently attempting to get his temp back up...hoping for the best

He is absolutely beautiful! I hope everything turns around and goes well for you! :)

Well he's still kicking( knock on wood) he's def a lil wimp though, does nothing but hide under rocks. And hey Jesse I got a tusk :p ...sorry just couldn't hold it in

hahaha im glad you got the aussy tusk. i really hope he makes it and lives a long happy life. cant wait for this lil guy to fully color up.

The tusk is still swimming (thankfully) still shy but starting to come out a bit.. only issue I have is that he's so small right now that he's gonna have to spend prob 4-6 months in my sump:( ohh well atleast he will be colorful once he makes it to the dt

Its def by no means a good picture but its next to impossible to catch this lil turd out in the open.
315078_221426781258477_100001734711521_575709_410323218_n.jpg

Yes im still having issues with the algae...im chalking it up to poor water quality ty (relatively speaking )

Look into and algae turf scrubber....very in expensive and it gets rid of alot of the phosphates the cause algae. I had a recurrent prob with cyano and green hair, until I started and ATS!

I def will look into it:) thank you for the info. The tusk is doing amazing. He actually is out and about swimming now. Even when I stick my head over the refugium to watch, he will come over to me and stick his head outta the water:) you can also see the bright orange underlying the green too

Not for a good 4-6 months... being that he's our second centerpiece fish and he cost so much, I absolutely have to make sure he will be able to hold his own in the dt. (Not to mention I don't want my lion gulping him up)

coffeetwitch said:
Idk if I could wait that long.

Lol. Patience grasshopper.

Nah. I couldn't wait that long either. Of course, I'm a women, so I'd justify the health of the fish with buying the more expensive bigger one. Not saying thats always best though.

coffeetwitch said:
im fat and sassy. what happened to my cheesy poofs?

Rofl this had me cracking up! Had absolutely no meaning to the thread or even fish but its hilarious. :) potm winner is supposed to be be announced soon I believe

Back
Top Bottom