my unexpected 125g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok input time Jesse, got three options.. start turf scrubbed build, finish up stand, or start chambering the 55 for sump use?

huma-huma said:
Ok input time Jesse, got three options.. start turf scrubbed build, finish up stand, or start chambering the 55 for sump use?

Stand, sump, turf

Ahh didn't know kios first name but now I do :) and da#@ you two, you ordered them exactly backwards from how excited I am to do them lmao. The stand is just soooo draining, esp being that its all handsanded....not a single power tool.

huma-huma said:
Ahh didn't know kios first name but now I do :) and da#@ you two, you ordered them exactly backwards from how excited I am to do them lmao. The stand is just soooo draining, esp being that its all handsanded....not a single power tool.

I told you my name... Lol..

lol

well i just figure. get the hard one out of the way, your going to need some place to put the turf scrubber. then you build the turf scrubber while the silicone cures.

coffeetwitch said:
if it makes you feel better david, i still dont know careys real name

It's Carey... Lol... I've actually called and talked to her. Great person. She helped me when I 1st got a tang.

coffeetwitch said:
if it makes you feel better david, i still dont know careys real name

I felt bad ...till I read this lmao. Honestly david I don't recall being told your name but I apologize.. wont forget it now. And you bring up good points Jesse with the build order.. I've decided that im going with a superduty turf scrubber...its gonna have two separate sheets being fed by both overflows...heck if someone pays me ill hook it to a nearby lake to clean it too

Lmao had me cracking up...Ahh nothing like sitting at work and perusing the aa forums

Edit** apparently my autocorrect needs a few semesters of english class

In all honesty if you read that thread on the diy scrubber, they are extremely efficient when built correctly and maintained.. the op even states that he's had numerous tanks filtered by just the scrubber...which makes total sense if you think about it.. the scrubber chews up trates and phosphates like its a pro... so any detrius would break down into ammonia then further into trates and get converted to nitrogen by the scrubber..what I plan to do is build one in place of my current skimmer, then after the turf algae is established, drop the chambered 55 in and hang both the established sheet and a secondary one ...that should handle everything

what is that thread named? sweety pie is going to need something for her tank. we have a little 20g that could be purposed for just the turf scrubber. wouldnt need much else would she? sounds like it could even replace the fuge section and need for a dsb in the sump?

Yes Jesse... and it could potentially replace everything... crazy part is the actual scrubber itself is tiny in size compared to tank size... for instance my 125 only needs 125 in2 in order to properly filter( I think my math and memory is right) either way its ridiculously small...only part that sucks is the lighting

Back
Top Bottom