my unexpected 125g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2 problems if I were to attempt this. 1 there's a mantle and if I were to mount a tv above it...it would be wayyy too high for me. And 2 the tank would pretty much block the walkway...that's a no go. I may put it width wise right in front if the front windows....that way when people walk into the livingroom its POOOW right there across the room

huma-huma said:
2 problems if I were to attempt this. 1 there's a mantle and if I were to mount a tv above it...it would be wayyy too high for me. And 2 the tank would pretty much block the walkway...that's a no go. I may put it width wise right in front if the front windows....that way when people walk into the livingroom its POOOW right there across the room

Mine is butted up to my dining room table. It's dinner and a show! It was an 8 seater but we only ever used 4 so there is still plenty of room. And it's a high top as well.

Well decided to take a trip to the lfs this morning.... ended up putting a fish on hold. We had narrowed it down to either a one-spot foxface lo or an emperor snapper. Decided to go with the snapper. I know they get rather large and after doing some deeper research Idk if im gonna get him. I was thinking that the monster tank build that down the road a bit would house him perfectly but it seems snappers are extremely fast growers...who knows

huma-huma said:
Well decided to take a trip to the lfs this morning.... ended up putting a fish on hold. We had narrowed it down to either a one-spot foxface lo or an emperor snapper. Decided to go with the snapper. I know they get rather large and after doing some deeper research Idk if im gonna get him. I was thinking that the monster tank build that down the road a bit would house him perfectly but it seems snappers are extremely fast growers...who knows

Fox faces are great, go with that.

Just may have to...started another thread asking for input so hopefully I get some before tomorrow morning

huma-huma said:
Just may have to...started another thread asking for input so hopefully I get some before tomorrow morning

I have a fox face lo. Lol. And love him. Hasn't nipped yet

David and sardine, do your foxfaces sides turn a darkish hue sometimes? Or do they stay bright yellow?

huma-huma said:
David and sardine, do your foxfaces sides turn a darkish hue sometimes? Or do they stay bright yellow?

They are very dark when the lights turn on! Sometimes though even with lights on he will have a dark spot. Other than that yellow.

huma-huma said:

I'm not David or sardine,LOL.
But it is normal for foxfaces sides to darken,depending on its mood and what mode it is in.It is how they blend in with the rocks at night,usually with it's fins in the extended protective mode.Mine always thinks I can't find him at night.

Ricksreef said:
I'm not David or sardine,LOL.
But it is normal for foxfaces sides to darken,depending on its mood and what mode is in.It is how they blend in with the rocks at night,usually with it's fins in the extended protective mode.Mine always thinks I can't find him at night.

Haha " he can't see me! Im invisible!!!" Speaking of sleeping...my Picasso literally runs into stuff if he wakes up in the middle of he night...funniest thing I've ever seen. And thank you for the input:) any comments on the emperor snapper?

huma-huma said:
Haha " he can't see me! Im invisible!!!" Speaking of sleeping...my Picasso literally runs into stuff if he wakes up in the middle of he night...funniest thing I've ever seen. And thank you for the input:) any comments on the emperor snapper?

Don't get it... Lol

Kio707 said:
Don't get it... Lol

I mentioned how my Foxface turns dark and extends his defensive fins when hiding in the rock at night when my lights are off and thinks I can't locate him.He's talking about how his clown runs into stuff when startled at night.LOL

Lmao rick I think he was commenting towards the emperor snapper...but I thought the exact same thing though

Old lady mistakenly fed the lion about 2 hours after I fed him...Smh looks like he swallowed a basketball

Well had gotten the 125 moved to the new house, setup with water in it and salt mixed...when everything spiraled out of control. The bottom seal gave out and started pouring water out of the framepiece. Got it emptied and moved for access to the 55 below. All said and done I have a messed up 125 and lost 4 fish. The lion, tusk, snapper, and tang all died. If my lfs can't fix the tank im selling everything off

Back
Top Bottom