my unexpected 125g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only problem I've seen with that is that the effectiveness of allicin actually reaching the white spots and attacking it is questionable at best through ingestion. The article says it does wonders for protecting against stomach and internal parasites, but iffy when it comes to ich:( I am however gonna still soak my garlic infused pellets with actual crushed garlic cloves tm, then also add some to the water as well. And to whoever mentioned having foreign chems in their water that they can't test for, after a month or two of pace, those hems should be almost gone.

If u soak and then dump the whole thing in the tank u have it in the food AND the water.

huma-huma said:
You are a genius!! Gonna be getting garlic in the am

Whatever hahahaha I could smell the sarcasm all the way through the Internet hahahaha ;)

But seriously, I really hope they are pulling through

Hahaha. Everyone is still eating like fat-so's and still swimming normally so who knows. I've calmed down considerably now and have a more positive mindset about this

huma-huma said:
Hahaha. Everyone is still eating like fat-so's and still swimming normally so who knows. I've calmed down considerably now and have a more positive mindset about this

Good, glad to hear that. Usually ppl freak out, do 50 different things to their tank only to make it worse ;)
Like I said, it's hard to do nothing and to look at them while they are sick, but I wouldn't think doing anything is the best solution right now. Please keep us updated

mine has little lesions on it where the ich spots where? Im hoping thats a positive, but hopefully that in tank garlic is doing wonders to keep bacteria out as well!!!

and huma it was me who mentioned things we cant test for... i figured people feed it to their fish so it cant be too bad, and liek you said after time the pwcs will remove them to the point of near non-existence.

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm soooo sorry. I have not been keeping up with my threads like I thought. I came in at page two and I only have 79 more pages to read. Give me a little bit, well maybe a little longer than a little bit. LMAO. Jeez where has my brain been, I'm subscribed but I haven't read since JUNE!!!! YIKES. Gosh your tank is probably well, just omg, I gotta get reading and see this tank started and finished in a couple hours, now that's some fast cycling heheheh.

kurty- those lesions are where the ich actually burrowed into the fishs skin and implanted itself, you mentioning that leads me to believe that not only did the garlic drive away the cysts, but also either killed or drove away the actual parasite itself. id def make sure they keep eating well.
buffy- lol i dont blame ya at all, you've had youre own issues and problems with your tank, so youve been just as busy as me lol.
UPDATE--- currently am soaking some mysis shrimp and garlic-infused pellets in the freshly crushed garlic...wow it makes this awful pasty liquid, not far from sap, that once you get it on your hands... forget getting it out. guess thats one of the helping factors though of garlic, it can permeate flesh extremely easily.

well ALL the fish tore up the garlic pellets.. wanna know how much of a fattie my tang is?? he poops everytime i feed them...now thats excitement lol. dosed the 10g with garlic and fed the mysis shrimp to the butterfly. only thing im scared of is dosage... i have NO clue how much garlic to put in the 125... if this garlic has a positive affect, ill start dosing daily and go from there.... so thats the prognosis so far. and i tell ya, coming home to my engineer goby free swimming REALLY scared me last night.

exactly!! last time i seen my gobies whole body was when i xfered the tank and he was in a bucket

After the first hr in tank the clown hasnt stopped bouncing on the nem, i was also assuming the patasite itself had left my fishy host butwas wondering if others felt the same way.

I used three cloves in an 18 gal, also some pics in my build, the before is kinda poor quality...

kurtyboh said:
After the first hr in tank the clown hasnt stopped bouncing on the nem, i was also assuming the patasite itself had left my fishy host butwas wondering if others felt the same way.

I used three cloves in an 18 gal, also some pics in my build, the before is kinda poor quality...

Do you QT? I didn't at first, but after the incident have started to.

This is in my qt... But the wife and son couldnt be talked out of the clowns in two stores and they were hosting a nem.

I will qt EVERY fish from here on out... no questions about that. The garlic seems to have slowed down the ich, but im thinking that I haven't dosed enough to actually start killing it... slowly adding garlic by little increments. Everyone is still eatingand behaving normally.

SOOO ive just decided that im gonna bring the 55 up and xfer the live rock into it, then hypo the dt. theres no sense continuing hypo on 2 of the fish when obviously its in my main tank.. its gonna set me back a bit in terms of establishment but thats an acceptable price for me to pay.

Back
Top Bottom