my unexpected 125g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Soooo random comments, the lady and I decided to grab some chinease buffet for lunch today, just so happens that they have a 200 g 6-footer that has been sitting empty for years... im gonna attempt to talk to the owners at some point and see if they would be willing to part with it. Im praying and hoping that they will

ohh and some other little tidbits, i decided to stop by Petsmart today and pick up some algae control, (cant take this maroon algae overrunning my tank) added it in today..hopefully in a few days itll begin to recede. Dont think ive mentioned it but the tusk is eating like a royal trash compactor... also i swear that with each day that goes by, his bright orange begins to peek thru more:) wayyy too excited to see him in full blown neon orange with his blue fangs lol.the last month has been a HUGE struggle in terms of family matters so hopefully the worst is over and i can get back to the routine.

huma-huma said:
ohh and some other little tidbits, i decided to stop by Petsmart today and pick up some algae control, (cant take this maroon algae overrunning my tank) added it in today..hopefully in a few days itll begin to recede. Dont think ive mentioned it but the tusk is eating like a royal trash compactor... also i swear that with each day that goes by, his bright orange begins to peek thru more:) wayyy too excited to see him in full blown neon orange with his blue fangs lol.the last month has been a HUGE struggle in terms of family matters so hopefully the worst is over and i can get back to the routine.

Take a picture for a before and after!!

he sure is an active lil turd but ill do my best to get a high light pic of him now and then again in a month or so

Thank you sir:) todays been a really good day...been laying on the country with the misses watching the tank for about 20 minutes and realized Vincent (our Picasso trigger) apparently likes to pick up sand and dump it on the other fishes heads..... an instigator I swear.

huma-huma said:
Thank you sir:) todays been a really good day...been laying on the country with the misses watching the tank for about 20 minutes and realized Vincent (our Picasso trigger) apparently likes to pick up sand and dump it on the other fishes heads..... an instigator I swear.

Lol. Sounds like me as a kid!

LOL Speaking of that, I have a question I have been meaning to ask (if you don't mind me hijacking your thread for a minute).

Over the past couple of weeks my Kole has been going to the surface, getting a gulp of air, swimming around for a minute or two then letting the bubble go. Then, he will go down to the sand bed get a mouthful of sand and swim around for a few minutes before letting it cascade back down the sandbed. He never did it before and it doesn't look like anything is wrong but more like just a way to amuze himself. Is that a normal behavior?

rdnelson99 said:
LOL Speaking of that, I have a question I have been meaning to ask (if you don't mind me hijacking your thread for a minute).

Over the past couple of weeks my Kole has been going to the surface, getting a gulp of air, swimming around for a minute or two then letting the bubble go. Then, he will go down to the sand bed get a mouthful of sand and swim around for a few minutes before letting it cascade back down the sandbed. He never did it before and it doesn't look like anything is wrong but more like just a way to amuze himself. Is that a normal behavior?

Lol I've heard of people's tangs doing that. Tangs are really funny fish and I've even heard of them letting shrimp get on there back and riding around with them. Totally normal:)

Rd my trigger does the sand bit (obviously) guess its just instigation on their part lol. IF I can get a video of him doing it I will, its absolutely hilarious. I also noticed he doesn't dare dump sand on the lion or the other trigger.....lmao he's a bully

Back
Top Bottom