Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-01-2005, 09:23 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

My very first LPS coral (pic)

picked this up today frome the LFS. It has 4 small branches on it.

got the anems from ICEREEFER and I still cant get over their color.

what do you guys think? Anything I should know about frogSpawn other
than high light moderate water flow. almost forgot I keep the calceum at 420. Will they continue to branch or just get bigger?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clowntank_024.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	2294   Click image for larger version

Name:	clowntank_022.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	2295  

Click image for larger version

Name:	frog_177.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	2296  

Old 05-01-2005, 10:22 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Exciting isn't it. It's very pretty.

Rachel

Don't take life too seriously, No one gets out alive.
Scatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 01:42 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

very nice pictures! i had a hard time when the weather got warm...so be careful temp wise
Old 05-02-2005, 10:50 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Great looking frog spawm. Where did you get it? Are there any good LFS up by you in Maple Grove? Basically, this is a pretty hardy coral but, like most, it demands high water quality. Poor polyp exspansion is ussually a sign of declining water parameters. High wattage indirect lighting is best. they will tolerate a higher current but a gentle constant current will be best for enhancing calcification rates, thus adding in growth. It will feed on free-floating food in the water at tank feeding time. It should be provided with a high wuality protein food like krill or mysis. Good luck with the new coral!
Old 05-03-2005, 12:48 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

I picked it up at sea dreams. In savage! I have only been their twice but I think I will be returning more often. Every time im in their they awnsere my questions as honestly as they can and they don't try and sell me ten things just because I ask a question. many of the LFS in the area are like going to a car dealership. I also tested their water after I got home (just something I like to do) and it was A+.
I also like to ask questions I already know the awnsere to when I'm in a store, it
helps me gauge whether or not I can trust them on the awnserws I dont know.

I can give sea dreams an A+ and a will def return
Old 05-03-2005, 10:26 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

they do a good job. A big part of their business is building and installing customer aquariums. Some of the stuff they get in for these tanks are awesome. People are spnding $15,000 on tanks for their homes. Inventory is hit or miss during the week. They get shipments in on Fridays and ussually sell most of it over the weekend. It is only about three minutes from my house so I get tere often.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:35 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Nice colors on that frogspawn!

those clowns are pretty awesome too!
Old 05-03-2005, 01:43 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

They will get bigger and branch. My torch (relative) started with 7 "heads" on it and it has ended up with 11 now so far.

Best of luck! It looks nice.
125 gallon saltwater: 55gal sump, 4 Blue-Green Chromis, Purple Tang, True Perc, Firefish, Royal Gramma, 5 Ricordea, Bubble Coral, 15 Pulsing Xenia, Green Star Polyps, Deresa clam, Green-Tip Torch Coral (about 11 "heads"!), Orange Montipora Cap, Purple M. Digitata, Green Slimer Acro. Yongei, 3 Orange M. Digitata, Pink&Green Acro. Millepora
dansemacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 01:44 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

They will get bigger and branch. My torch (relative) started with 7 "heads" on it and it has ended up with 11 now so far.

Best of luck! It looks nice.

[whoops, double-post]

125 gallon saltwater: 55gal sump, 4 Blue-Green Chromis, Purple Tang, True Perc, Firefish, Royal Gramma, 5 Ricordea, Bubble Coral, 15 Pulsing Xenia, Green Star Polyps, Deresa clam, Green-Tip Torch Coral (about 11 "heads"!), Orange Montipora Cap, Purple M. Digitata, Green Slimer Acro. Yongei, 3 Orange M. Digitata, Pink&Green Acro. Millepora
dansemacabre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coral, lps, pic

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com