Mystery Wrasse in 35gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristy3693

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello! I have a 35 gal hex, circulating 38 gallons w/ built in sump.
I have three little pajama cardinals, and a yellow watchman goby.
All my fish are very small right now, but I know they will grow.
Do you think a mystery wrasse would be ok, or is my tank too small?

It would probably be okay, just not an ideal size tank. Most places say 30+ and liveaquaria (that always goes larger) says 50g.

They are beautiful wrasses if you have ever seen one at a LFS. I'm breaking down my 75g this weekend and one of these is on my future list. :)

Thanks! Yes I did! I got all excited! He was beautiful! (and expensive) I wanted to do my research first.
I got a tank for Christmas and I'm already plotting getting a larger tank this year! But keeping this one too!

Also what is funny, is on aquarium ID it says semi aggressive, but if you read the overview it says very peaceful. Hummm, will it pick on my pajamas?

I've never had a Mystery Wrasse and I've never had PJ's. From the reading on the Mystery Wrasse, it sure sounds like they get along with tankmates, so I'd guess there would be no problems. They do sound pretty mellow, but most wrasses are at least semi-aggressive.

And since they are already in the tank I wouldn't think he would bother them! Thanks Todd! Next payday I will be at the LFS!

Back
Top Bottom