Nano!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lane1223

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it possible to do a 5 gallon nano? Mostly for coral.

hippy guy said:
Yes, though I guess its a pico at that point, was actually conisidering tryn a 3 gal super pico reef soon

Haha oh yeah. And wow 3?! That awesome! What would I be able to put in a 5 pico as far as fish goes?

Basically, ud be lookin at like a coral or 2, a shrimp, maybe 2 depending on type and such, and s turbo snail maybe lol...I'm fresh with sw stuff, so you prolly know better than me!

hippy guy said:
Basically, ud be lookin at like a coral or 2, a shrimp, maybe 2 depending on type and such, and s turbo snail maybe lol...I'm fresh with sw stuff, so you prolly know better than me!

Haha yeah. I did sw a few years ago and then head to quit because both my parents lost their jobs. But now life's getting better and I'm in the process of cycling a 40b build! :)

Haha oh yeah. And wow 3?! That awesome! What would I be able to put in a 5 pico as far as fish goes?
As long as you have the right light you can have a lot of coral sexy shrimp I think there are some fish that you can get to.

I have a green clown goby in my 4g pico. he is about half an inch big and I can never find him! LOL

Check out my thread on my pico. I have corals, shrimp and the goby.

:)

carey said:
I have a green clown goby in my 4g pico. he is about half an inch big and I can never find him! LOL

Check out my thread on my pico. I have corals, shrimp and the goby.

:)

I will deff!!!!! Thats!!! And I'm sorry about your Fish....

my 4 gallon pico has 1 clownfish, 1 fire goby, 2 crabs and several low light corals.

All ok with zero algae and 0.03 p04 and only 2ppm nitrate

One clown min tank size ten gal. A two inch ocellaris is nearly full grown, unles it becomes female which it wont unless theres another juvenile for it to pair with.

Ya he won't last long in there. But a green or yellow goby with do great in there!

I have fire goby in there. He seems happy enough for last 5 months and all parameters ok. At one stage I had 4 fish in this tank

Ya it can just stress everyone out. A clown can live 10 or more years. But in a tank like that he probably won't live anymore than 2 years

Yep I know either still not the size those fish need and or like

LOL> You guys going back and forth. Even at 2 inches he is too big. And thats if he doesnt grow some more.

It's overstocked but it's your tank and your decision. We just want the fish to be their happiest and healthiest. :-D

Back
Top Bottom