Nano advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rubber bullet

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am looking at buying a jbj nano 28g cube intermediate led (only 27w) for my daughters b-day and I'm just looking for as much advice as anyone could offer. One question I do have is will the intermediate package be enough to grow most corals, with the exception of sps as I know the lighting is inadequate. This will be my 1st salt water tank that I have ever set up, so a little overwhelmed as to all the different lighting options. Thanks ahead of time for any advice.

Welcome!

From the description it seems that they are enough to keep soft corals like leathers and probably some lps without a problem. Nano Soft Coral Pack at the bottom is a list of corals that you might get in the package. For me it makes more sense using that list as a guide and getting what you want. The one coral I would stay away from is the Kenya tree on that list mine seems to out grow their tanks. You could get a ducan one of my favorite lps for that tank. You will want to get at least one powerhead something like a koralia for extra flow.

Hey thanks for the advice I have been going back in forth on what tank to buy, I know the pro would be the best but the price tag on it is just out of reach at this time. Have you in fact ordered off of this website, I have heard pros and cons from ordering online ( our local store sucks for section and price) so I am looking for a site to make some purchases from.

I usually get my corals at frag swaps or the reef farm. I know several people the I have gotten frags from has gotten them from liveaqua. I usually use sites like that to help decide what I want and can have in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom