Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-12-2015, 10:31 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Nano or larger, going crazy trying to decide...

I have decided after years of wanting to get a marine tank, and ALOT of reading I am going to take the plunge. I was thinking of getting a 180 liter tank to balance my 180 liter freshwater tank, but I love the look of nano tanks too. I would love advice and suggestions, cube or long? Nano or bigger? I am interested in live rock with fish I am also looking into corals.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 02-12-2015, 10:37 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would go bigger, more room to scape, more room to stock, and more room to screw up!

It depends on what you want to stock and how you want to scape.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:00 PM   #3

Lol I love the more room to screw up. I think I have been bamboozled by looking to too many beautiful tanks lol. I love the look of a healthy reef tank. I plan to invest a lot of time, effort and money into my new hobby lol. I guess I'm after some people's experience with nano tanks vs larger tanks. I have been reading a lot of posts too.

Old 02-13-2015, 12:56 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leea View Post
Lol I love the more room to screw up. I think I have been bamboozled by looking to too many beautiful tanks lol. I love the look of a healthy reef tank. I plan to invest a lot of time, effort and money into my new hobby lol. I guess I'm after some people's experience with nano tanks vs larger tanks. I have been reading a lot of posts too.

I actually prefer nano everythings, but then again I love big tanks also.

Personally, I would decide on what live stock you like, and then decide on a tank size that fits the need of those fish.
3g Pico Reef
Sillyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 01:00 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I like both as well. I love the big tanks and Id like to go as big as I can possibly go eventually but I also love my 3G pico because it's so tiny I can create something intricate and beautiful.

I'd say go big if you're going to go saltwater. Once you get it running and enjoying it go for the challenge of keeping a pico as well. It's fun.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:54 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

What fish do you want? I think that's a big factor in the decision.

I started recently (a little over a year ago) with a 75g. I quickly decided that was not going to house some of the fish that I really wanted, so I got a 240g. I like smaller too though. Since then, we have added a 60g cube, a regular 60g and a 28 cube.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:10 PM   #7

Thank you all. I'm going to start researching different species of fish that I like. I've been looking at different tanks at the moment I really like the Red Sea max 130C. Not to big, and not tiny either. 😃

Tags
large, nano

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com