Narrowing down choices for fish for 125

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bar

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Now that my tank is finally getting through its cycling, I am starting to decide which fish to add over the next few months. I will be going with a FOWLR. I figured that I should put at the top of the list, the bigger, must have fish first, and then add to the list the fish that can get along with it.

Right now, my goal is to decide what can be happy in my size tank. I would love to put in a sailfin tang and some sort of medium size angel. There seems to be a great range in the minimum size aquarium recommended for an individual species, depending on where you look. For instance, Liveaquaria says it requires a 125 tank, saltwater fish.com says a 90 tank, another site, a 135 tank. The same seems to be the situation with tha angels, minimum tank size for the very same species ranging from 70 gallons for the Annularis Angelfish (Pomacanthus annularis) on Liveaquaria, to 240 gallons on the choice aquarium site.

Certainly, it seems to me that a fish that is 12 inches long might not be happy in my tank (five feet by two feet high by 18 inches front to back).

I have a book being sent to me, Angelfishes & Butterflyfishes: Reef Fishes Series to get some more info.

I really don't want to have to raise a fish only to have it outgrow its home, and to have to find a home for it. I don't believe that would be very responsible.

Bruce

Back
Top Bottom