Naso tangs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scotts_001

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My LFS told me something yesterday that doesn't quite match what I've read. He told me that Naso tangs will coexist if introduced to a tank at the same time. (unlike many other tangs)

Right now I have a 135 gal with a 10" female Naso so obviously I can't add another.

But.... I have a 550 gal tank on order that I will be setting up and I would REALLY like to have a pair of the Naso's together.

Has anybody heard anything like this???

I think if you were to do 3 or more you would be OK, but 2 is usually a bad number, unless they are a mated pair (which I don't think tangs do). I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen multiple nasos in the same tank and I don't think I have.

But.... I have a 550 gal tank on order

Wow, a tank that size is pratically an entire wall, what are your plans for the tank?

When it is set up you'll have to get some pictures up!

-Dan

I am planning on it being a room divider set up as a reef (LR, DSB etc...)

I live alone so I don't have a high traffic issue to deal with. And I will definitely get some photos of the tank.

Suprisingly the tank itself isn't all that expensive, sand and rock IS!

I did not like the standard 550 dimensions (96L X 30W X 48H) so I changed it to 120L X 36W X32H. And yes, it will take up a whole wall.

You can check out the tank co if you like.

http://www.petcircuit.com/modules.p...stKart&file=index&req=categoryview&CID=1&KID=

Man, I love nasos. I would love to see them in the wild all schooling together. Good luck with everything and welcome to the site.

I have seen a few tanks with several naso tangs in them and they seem to get along very well provided that they are all approximately the same size. also, my LFS right now has a 120gal with 6 nasos in it and they seem to not cause any problems

Back
Top Bottom