Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-15-2008, 11:51 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Freak

LOL something tells me i should not have stired up my sand bed. LOL i hope i dont get another cycle again. when i scrubed my LR i took out each one and scrubed it. then placed it on a rubbermaid lid. i didnt want to put them back in the tank till i got all the junk out. then when i was done i put them all back in. i know some of the bac. might have died but it needed to be done. i didnt have the resorces to do it like it needed to be done.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:38 PM   #32
AA Team Emeritus

Never stir up your sand bed. You release all kind of nasties into the water column.
Start checking for an ammo spike to see if a mini cycle has started. You'll need to preapare for some pwc's, like 10-20 daily if that happens.

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:12 PM   #33
AA Team Emeritus

Yeah. Keep mixed water ready for a while.

I'm optimistic. Hopefully that bottom stirred up stuff ain't that bad. How old is the tank again?

I'd prolly turn that skimmer on now too.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:42 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Freak

my tanks about a year old this coming up april. i can go get some more pre made water from the petco. i hate mixing water i just like to buy the 5g boxes at the store. i airate it for about 24 hrs then dump it in. much less of a problem. LOL.. my fish seem to be doing well i got a HOB filter today and have that running with alot of floss in it to remove any thing i happen to miss. all my rocks are white so i am blasting them with a turkey baster to try to get as much off as possible. temps great, fish are not showing any signs of stress so i take that as a good thing. i just wonder how my shrooms are going to come out of this.. i scrubed my rocks pretty good. i hope they live. as well as my polyps.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:35 AM   #35
AA Team Emeritus

Shrooms are very tuff IMO.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Freak

i am seeing a very mi-nute raise in ammo. and that could be cuase its kinda dark in my room. my tank feels different, but i think my fish are still kinda stressed over the whole major cleaning process. i do think i got some die off on my LR. i had to lay them out in the air for about 20-30 mins befor i had everything cleaned so i may have lost some. i am watching and testing every day when i get home from work for any changes in water spec's. i have a 5g mix rdy if anything should happen. my torch coral looks a little stressed but i think it also is do to the cleaning. my SG. is a little high about 1.028 but i am not sure if thats something to worry about now. they been through so much these past few months. i will level it out with my next water change or when i top off with fresh. i still have my powerheads running all over the place trying to get up all the gunk off the bottom and get it into my HOB filter i just got. then i am going to rearange my LR. mightadd some hermits or snails. i have horrible luck with inverts. they like to kill them selfs in my tank. then they rot and de'kay my water. i only have like 3 hermits and maybe 4 snails in my tank now. needless to say get get plenty to eat. LOL

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com