Neat modern looking/different looking 20 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Easily shrooms and zoas, frogspawn towards the top of the tank. I'd avoid the nem in a 24 though. If successful they grow fast and will run the tank lol.

And yep, I paid 50 dollars more for my 24 JBJ with stand than my plain old 14g biocube. Upgrade with some LED strips to add some more light and thats about it. Adds point source illumination, meaning glitter lines :D

Not much difference. The nanocube has a larger in tank sump though, which is helpful. Also, having had both a 14g bio and 24g jbj, I think the JBJ looks sleeker and of higher quality.

And dream is right. Also, biocube has intakes at low water levels and high water levels, and has slots for filter pads. I don't like em though because they're rip offs to be honest.

In tank sump? That's right it has a built in filter. If you don't use the filter pads what do you use?

I use a filter sock occasionally, but usually just use fluval activated carbon and the filter sponges that come with the thing. I just don't think those filter pads do much work, and I've noticed my JBJ is noticeably clearer with the fluval carbon and spongy mesh than the bio with the pads.

*gulp* out of a 13 year old's price range. :) but yeah something like that,

All the really cool, unique tanks are going to be very pricey even if you get it second hand.
I would love one of the coffee Table tanks in my living room but they are out of this 52 year old price range.
Sometime we have to settle for what we can afford, until we can afford all that we want.
Once a week I hit up e-bay, craigslist, and even Amazon to see whats out there. One of these days the tank I want will be there at a price I can afford. Then I will upgrade my 55g tanks to a 75g and a 90-100g tank.
Of course then I will want a 120-150g tank, but I'll worry about that when it happens.
13 is a rough age to try and upgrade. Your dependant on your parents for most things and jobs for 13 year olds are scarce.
Good luck with finding the tank you want.

Back
Top Bottom