Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #1

Neat modern looking/different looking 20 gallon?

Any ideas?

Old 06-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Something like this? Cardiff Aquarium with 150W HQI Pendant and Modern Black Stand - 24 gallon | Over 20 gallons | Aquarium Kits & Fish Tanks | Aquarium - ThatPetPlace.com

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #3

*gulp* out of a 13 year old's price range. but yeah something like that,
Old 06-05-2011, 09:02 PM   #4
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Ok... how about something like this? Glass Aquarium Kit: Tetra Water Wonders 16 Gallon Aquarium Kit

Do you have ANY idea what you're interested in? Rimless is really the 'modern' look IMO.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
Old 06-05-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

This is super sleek and modern: Elos 20 Gallon System Mini Aquarium & Cabinet Stand (e-Lite Not Included)

This is the cheap version without the LED fixture on it

IMO like rook said rimless is modern, so unless you want to spring double the cash for an ADA or GLA tank, go with this hot mama

Mr. Aqua Cube Frameless Glass Aquarium Tank
Old 06-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #6

Yeah I love rimless tanks. It's just Idream you know how that one has a square shape, where do you find light fixtures and what not to fit it?
Old 06-05-2011, 09:10 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

They both have square shapes

Depends on what you want to go with, you could do a MH pendant from fishneedit.com, depending on size you could do T5HOs, or even LEDs
Old 06-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #8
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Seeing as how this is FW, if you went planted you could do a T5HO from fishneedit... if it's not planted, then a cheap LED fixture would do the trick and still look sleek... IMO

Old 06-05-2011, 09:15 PM   #9

Hm... I wanted to try a native fish tank, but after seeing all those corals at the store I went to today I REALLY want a 20-29 gallon SW reef. Do you think biocubes are worth it? Or do you think it would just be cheaper or better finding what I need myself?

Whoops forgot I put this in the FW getting started section. (hey rook think you can move it to the SW getting started now?)
Old 06-05-2011, 09:19 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

About the same IMO, though compared to an aquaclear my filtration is better, also IMO.

Though since you are still currently using tap water for your tank, unless an RODI system is in your future I say go with a FW planted, a biocube is still a good tank for that, just swap out the actinic bulb for another 10000K and you could get something like this

YouTube - ‪Freshwater Biocube 14 planted‬‏

or this

YouTube - ‪Omar M's 8 gallon bio-cube Eating Hikari Micro-Pellets!!!‬‏

Tags
20 gallon, eat

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com