Need a new food source... need suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djlynch

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ever since i started my first saltwater tank 2 years ago i have fed my fish mysis shrimp - I have always used the "pro pops" brand that come in the little cubes. When the LFS was out i tried to feed the "formula 2" cubes and flakes, but the fish didn't respond well to the change, so i stop using these and go back to the usual mysis shrimp when the LFS would get it in stock.

Well, my LFS just told me that they are no longer going to carry the pro pops line anymore. I really don't want to feed the formula 2 cubes, so pretty much my only option is to order food online.

3 questions:

1. For any people that order their frozen foods online, what vendors do you use? Are there any that are affordable on shipping?

2. I was wondering if there are any suggestions on other brands of mysis shrimp would be a good alternative if i can't find the "pro pops" line. My friend at the LFS suggested that i order the "PE mysis".

3. One thing i LOVED about the pro pops is that it was very convienent to use - just pop out a cube in water and thaw... are there any other brands that use the "cube" method vs having to actually cut the shrimp out of a pack?

Thanks in advance.

you could try to soak the other frozen food in garlic..... my fish wouldnt eat the frozen either, then someone suggested i soak it in garlic, and it worked.

I think the brand I use is Sally's. It is not in cubes though. I leave it in the bag and just break it in long strips using the edge of my countertop. I can them just snap off what I need to thaw.

PE Mysis, is undoubtedly, IMO, the very best. Unfortunately, you cannot order directly from the company unless you are willing to buy enough to stock a whole freezer. I know I have seen groups go in on orders to them and in was well worth it. If you belong to a fish club, you might present that idea to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom