NEED ADVICE - 29gal Biocube mods?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronnieroach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey All,

I'm considering the 29gal corallife biocube as an upgrade for my 20hex and have a few questions.

- Are there any specific mods I would NEED to make for my soft corals?

- Would an aqueon500 pump be the right size for the 29?

If anyone can answer these, or link me to a helpful thread, I'll be VERY grateful.

Thanks for any & all help!
- Ronnie

You don't need modifications for soft corals. They aren't too hard to keep and the PCs/filtration should work fine. The aqueon500 isn't as good (quality/efficiency) as koralia pumps I believe. A nano koralia would work great and is probably about the same price.

obscurereef said:
You don't need modifications for soft corals. They aren't too hard to keep and the PCs/filtration should work fine. The aqueon500 isn't as good (quality/efficiency) as koralia pumps I believe. A nano koralia would work great and is probably about the same price.

awesome .. i miiiight try the media rack upgrade eventually but yeah i've read that softies should be cool w/o mods .. thanks for the pump suggestion, i'll def look into koralia

THANK YOU for the advice :)

I would recommend these. Search inTank in google and it should come up. Just a thought. The make a skimmer cup that fits inside the hood.

image-2364949955.jpg

Dillon207 said:
I would recommend these. Search inTank in google and it should come up. Just a thought. The make a skimmer cup that fits inside the hood.

yeah, the one on the right is the media tray or somethin right? i read what goes inside it, but i need to learn what they actually are .. i think one was for phosphates? and one was some kind of floss or something? i need to re-read the all about biocubes thread and take notes

i'm also eager to learn about fuges and sumps and filtration with fish in it etc, but i'm currently clueless .. i need to be taught by someone .. i just can't really retain scientific jargin well enough to learn it from most material .. dumb, i know, but once i get it i'm a wiz lol

yeah, the one on the right is the media tray or somethin right? i read what goes inside it, but i need to learn what they actually are .. i think one was for phosphates? and one was some kind of floss or something? i need to re-read the all about biocubes thread and take notes

i'm also eager to learn about fuges and sumps and filtration with fish in it etc, but i'm currently clueless .. i need to be taught by someone .. i just can't really retain scientific jargin well enough to learn it from most material .. dumb, i know, but once i get it i'm a wiz lol

I wish I could help you more but I am learning as I go as well. I got my bio cube about 6 months ago and it was my first saltwater tank. So far it's going good!

image-2158626514.jpg

looks great dillon!

i've had my 20hex goin for about the same amount of time .. i only have a few frags goin, but i'm gonna go all out with my cube.

thanks for the help, man!

Back
Top Bottom