Need advice BEFORE I set up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you send him a email he will make the pack how you want it. I always make him put a custom crew together for me to fight what may or may not happen.

Should I keep my lazy hermits or remove them from the tank? When I first put them in the tank they were very active and climbed all over the rock. Now they just sit and rarely get up and move around. Could they be sick or are they just content?

I'd say bored. is there food for them to eat on the sand? If there isnt anything to eat down there they will migrate to the rocks looking for food. lol

I haven't made the screen yet. I will try to get it together tomorrow. I am just trying to figure out what I will do with my cords from the power heads.

I haven't made the screen yet. I will try to get it together tomorrow. I am just trying to figure out what I will do with my cords from the power heads.

Could you put in lightweight grommets & snip them so they still keep their shape (like a "C") but you can slip the cords in?? If you use a grommet large enough for the plugs to slip thru, it would defeat the purpose of preventing jumpers. Just an idea.

Yeah, and I want it so I can remove the top for maintenance without much hassle with the cords. I may meet to notch it, if I had a ton of money the vortech power heads would solve my dilemma, but that's not gonna happen.

Comes in 1/4" and 1/2" squares. I have looked for years, even contacted plastic companies to find clear egg crate material. They are made from injected styrene, so they are naturally white. So far, no luck, the mesh works best.

Comes in 1/4" and 1/2" squares. I have looked for years, even contacted plastic companies to find clear egg crate material. They are made from injected styrene, so they are naturally white. So far, no luck, the mesh works best.

What is the mesh made of? Could you attach it atop of egg crate? I imagine chicken wire, etc would be no good w/ the saltwater. So is it like screen for windows & made of plastic?

What is the mesh made of? Could you attach it atop of egg crate? I imagine chicken wire, etc would be no good w/ the saltwater. So is it like screen for windows & made of plastic?

I used the same chicken fence wire it's like fishing line yes you are basically making a screen for windows.

I used the same chicken fence wire it's like fishing line yes you are basically making a screen for windows.

Thks! Just found your old post that I had missed originally. I guess it's something to stop birds. I may have to check out Home Depot for screening stuff like the spline & frames along w/ the netting. I've rescreened many-a-window/door. Should be easy!

Thks! Just found your old post that I had missed originally. I guess it's something to stop birds. I may have to check out Home Depot for screening stuff like the spline & frames along w/ the netting. I've rescreened many-a-window/door. Should be easy!

My very first screen years ago was made from Home Depot window re screening kits but the holes are to small was blocking a lot of light so I went with the bird screen mesh.

I cut a slit at the back edge wide enough for the power cord, then using small zip ties, I close it again. I lift the top from the front, so no issues.

Back
Top Bottom