Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-23-2008, 06:40 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Need advice for my 8 gallon

Hello, i have a new 8 gallon oceanic biocube i bought yesterday with 10lbs live rock, sand, R/O wtr. i really would like to have 1 clown fish & some small creatures on the bottom. Should i do that or get a golby fish? i never knew sait wtr. setup was sooo expensive, cost me $400.00 Cdn. for everything. i live in apartment so space is a issue, i use to have 65 gallon tanks when i lived in a house fresh wtr fish. also i have noticed a crab on the bottom of the sand, can it survive when there is no food in the tank?

reefgirl1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:27 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
Have you read up on how to cycle your tank? I have some articles in my sig file. Check those out.
The crab might be a molt, can you get a pic? He might not make it through a cycle. They are pretty good at finding food.

Age is relative, you are only as old as you act....of course, this works in reverse....

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Acronym List

roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 09:03 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Goby Fish?

Thanks for the imfo. i read the articles, i still have 3 weeks to cycle my tank. i want to be careful what i put in my 8 gallon so i have been reserching alot. i read that either a goby fish or 1 true percula clown fish. i want to know what is the best golby fish, snails, & anything else i could put in my tank. Do you have to put the snails in first & what about a royal gramma fish instead of a goby fish? i was thinking of putting just 1 fish in.
reefgirl1027 is offline   Reply With Quote

8 gallon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com