Need advice for my 8 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefgirl1027

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, i have a new 8 gallon oceanic biocube i bought yesterday with 10lbs live rock, sand, R/O wtr. i really would like to have 1 clown fish & some small creatures on the bottom. Should i do that or get a golby fish? i never knew sait wtr. setup was sooo expensive, cost me $400.00 Cdn. for everything. i live in apartment so space is a issue, i use to have 65 gallon tanks when i lived in a house fresh wtr fish. also i have noticed a crab on the bottom of the sand, can it survive when there is no food in the tank?

Have you read up on how to cycle your tank? I have some articles in my sig file. Check those out.
The crab might be a molt, can you get a pic? He might not make it through a cycle. They are pretty good at finding food.

Goby Fish?

Thanks for the imfo. i read the articles, i still have 3 weeks to cycle my tank. i want to be careful what i put in my 8 gallon so i have been reserching alot. i read that either a goby fish or 1 true percula clown fish. i want to know what is the best golby fish, snails, & anything else i could put in my tank. Do you have to put the snails in first & what about a royal gramma fish instead of a goby fish? i was thinking of putting just 1 fish in.

Back
Top Bottom