Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-15-2014, 07:28 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Thanks for the advice peter, i just want to put some clowns in theres and some other fish. And i was thinking on buying a new tank since I'm going to start i may be starting with a couple of new toys, i might be buying a 40 breeder or maybe 55g. Then again i have to buy the tank first and then get all the equipment. Also can i put a pair if clowns in a 10g and then move then to my new setup when it done?

Thanks guys for yours response and advices. As i keep doing research and buying things i will be updating this post constantly.

JMedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:56 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular
2clowns in a 55 great. 2 clowns in a 10 i would say no way. Clown fish are somewhat agressive and if you 2 clowns dont get along st first there id nowhere for them really to go. In a 55 at least they could have their own space at first. If i were you figure out the tank you want you want. The google"saltwater fish for 40 gallon" you will be suprised how limited you are. And the number of fish that can go in the tank. I went through this already. Bought my tank researched everything about chemistry,water conditions etc. Cycled my tank. Fishless. Went out bought 15 fish. All maybe 1-2 inch. Placed them all in my 55 gallon. All was great for the first 3 months. Then they started to grow. They got super aggressive. There wasnt enough space for each. Nitrates were constantly a problem. Constant water changes were a pain. Cleaning the tank etc.was ready to give up. But the i made the decision to take out 10 of the fifteen. God best thing i ever did. Maintaince went to almost nothing. Water changes once a month. Aggression went to almost nill. Now i enjoy my tank. Not work for it. Having a thriving fish tank is one of the most enjoyable things to look at. Having a tank that isnt stable, and no matter what you do something is alway out of wack is one of the most stressful. This should be an enjoyable hobby. When your happy with your tank your fish will show it. I love coming home now to sit on the sofa and watch my fish. Not worry about if the water par. Are right. Is ph ok? Etc. I know they are. Now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

peterj is offline   Reply With Quote

advice, new tank, new tank setup, setup, tan, tank, tank setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com