Need advise on lighting 75g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tae180

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I am new to the site and need some help in deciding what type of light to get for my 75g tank. I currently have a Coralife T5 light and it has died this morning. I would like to have corals in the tank.

Any advise would be great, also looking to spend about $400-$500

Thanks!!

Hi. Welcome to the site!

How many bulbs did you have in your failed lights? And what kind of corals and /or clams or nems do you want? The best fixture would be a 6 bulb setup that would allow you to get anything you wanted pretty much.

Here are some links for ya

Cheap
4Ft/4Bulbs fixture

More expensive

TEK LIGHT T-5, 48" Light Fixture 6 x 54W lamps by Sunlight Supply* - AquaCave

This one I run on my 125g but with the 12 bulb setup

48" 6x54W Nova Extreme PRO T5HO 3x10k/3x460nm Actinics by Current USA*(1081) - AquaCave

Just some ideas for you. Alot depends on what you wanna grow. :)

It has 4 bulbs .... appreciate the information and links!

also not sure type of corals and stuff .... I'm pretty new to this game so my knowledge is pretty low. Basically if I'm going to buy a new light I want to make sure it won't limit what I can put in.

Then I would go with one of the 6 bulb systems. It would allow you almost unlimited corals or any light needing creatures. The TEK fixture does not come with bulbs fyi. Just another consideration. :)

thanks for the info .... hope to have more input from others

me too!! .... I have seen this one and keep going back to it.... anyone know anything about it?

It's a great fixture from reviews. i ddn't inlcude it in my links list cause of the price. But it looks to have anything you'd need. :)

Which bulbs would you get for it? For best health, growth, and color enhancing?

For me, I'm sold on the ATI's. I use the aquablue specials and the blue plus bulbs. Gives a nice blueish hue to my 55g. Not a bright blue, but it wipes out the yellow that you usually get with 10k bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom