Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-23-2004, 12:39 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist
For a control system I was looking for something to monitor the PH, and temp as well.

I thought my fishlist was kinda overstocked, I thought the rule was 1" of fish per 5 gallons. So for a 120gal tank I have room for 24" of fish. The current total for what I posted earlier was 30".

sevise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 09:01 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist
Well its starting to come together. The stand is done. The overflows are installed. I have 4 maxi-jet 1200s in temporary positions.

The Mag7 will drive the Aqua EV 180 skimmer while the pair of Mag9s will be return pumps.

I had no clue arrange the powerheads and return lines. I aimed the return lines so they will graze over the sides and bounce off the front. I'm afraid the current may push sand out of the front corners. 3 of the powerheads are aimed to agitate the the surface. The forth I put center tank mid height, Once I get the LR I'm hoping to have a large cave in this area and move water from the rear of the tank forward.

I have a 30Gal for my sump. I'm hoping to have it plumbed and ready so when my RO/DI unit arrives Monday I can start a-fillin-er-up.

sevise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 11:08 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak
baby whale shark?
30gal / 2: maxijet 600s / 150w heater / CPR Bak Pak2 (maxijet 1200)/FOWLR

30lbs base rock
6lbs Brazilian LR
35lbs sand (20lbs of lfs ls i think it cycled my tank faster)

3 blueleg hermits
4 turbo snails
royal gramma
gold stripped maroon clown
crage34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 12:34 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
Yeah, Nevermind, I guess I didn't add that up right.

Your fish list looks good. allthough I don't know a thing about Chromis. Are they peaceful? your Banghai Cardnial could get stressed out otherwise.

You wont need to have 3 PH agitating the surface. One large one will probibly be fine. I have my Magnum 350 agitating the surface and it sure makes waves! (at aprox. 275 GPH) Aim a couple of your powerheads at each other to create turbulance. Fish like two things. Lots of waterflow, and Lots of turbulance. I hear one of the more important things to worry about is eliminating dead zones in your water. You will get a better Idea of what needs pointed where once you get it filled up and water starts flowing!!!

Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote

first sw, setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com