Need guidance on Dipping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beej1254

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got a new Acan frag and saw a couple very small worms on it and green bubble algae. I luckily got a sample packet of CoralRX with my Acan from the LFS. I want to dip this and remove the bubble algae. I really need some tips on how to properly do this because I never have. Should I do freshwater? Salt?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446257047.348479.jpg
Here's the frag just after I got it home and setup acclimation. You can kinda see the worm. Any tips for ridding this bubble algae? I heard hydrogen peroxide?

Just remove it. Brush it off with a toothbrush. I wouldn't use hydrogen peroxide unless things were overwhelming. It'll kill what it touches, to include coral flesh. It can be used successfully, but 2 bubble algae isn't something to go that far over.

Alright thanks a bunch! I appreciate it

I think my dip really made the Acan mad. It shriveled up a lot and had stringy white gunk coming off every part of it. It looks pretty right now. Hopefully in the morning it will have recovered some. I also didn't see any pests fall off or crawl out. I know for 100% I had at least a bristleworm. It wouldn't be the first time I had them in my tank so I guess I can live with it. I also picked off the bubble algae. One ended up popping so I rinsed the frag in different saltwater.

I'm really hoping I don't lose this one I loved it when I saw it at the LFS

Last edited by a moderator:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1446303107.352281.jpg

Anyone think this frag will be ok? I've jumped the gun before on corals. I'm hoping that this one will pull through too.

Yes actually it's starting to return to normal. Thanks for helping me out. I'm hoping it will continue to recover

Back
Top Bottom