need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fredcabintoy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I need help sorry to just join and automatically ask for help but my knowledge for starting a saltwater tank is little to none.
things that i have bought-
29 gallon tank
seaclone100 protein skimmer
marineland canister filter magnum pro
and 3 bags of sand.
and salt

My problem is Im getting soo many bubbles and I dont know how to calm it down. Im hoping to solve this before i get any fish. There are bubbles everywhere it also attached to my skimmer and my filter.
private_1_a6f60295c280f72debe2f5637298e0141d51f27593697f8c04ed3ad9175e50d4l.jpg

private_1_462be6443ec8c9bdfd01756bb5c1f4d825c44951930c5ba9a370fadbc98df665l.jpg

I need help sorry to just join and automatically ask for help but my knowledge for starting a saltwater tank is little to none.

No problem. Welcome aboard.
Whever they are coming from you are having air getting into it. Probably most likely the skimmer.

i actually figured out where its mostly coming from, its coming from the filter itself. When i cover the air flow contro lto the skimmer it stops from the skimmer but otherwise there ar ealot of bubbles

Just for future reference, air bubbles coming from a skimmer is common in new skimmers and usually is part of their "break in period". Glad you figured out the problem though. Recheck the canister for air in any lines and hopefully the bubbles will go away!

Welcome to AA :)

Back
Top Bottom