Need help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beau_123

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can anyone tell me if I should have a background on my 55gl tank.

You can put a background on it! The main focus should be on the live rock or reef you have. Try to pick a background that won't take your attention. You can also paint the back the tank a solid colour!

So do I need one because I have it set up to see both sides.

IMO a plain black one is the best b/c it's attractive/makes colors pop a lot. You can cover the tank w/ newspaper and spray paint the back. It's really easy and doesn't take much effort. Krylon (from Walmart) works really nicely. I wouldn't suggest having a background other than a plain color. For example having a background of a reef..well why not have your own reef!

So it won't stress the fish out if I can see them on both sides.

No. As long as you have an aquascape where the fish can hide in the rock. The more places available for fish to hide, the more bold they become.

So it won't stress the fish out if I can see them on both sides.

I agree with obscurereef. it wont stress them out. The main function of a background (IMHO) is to hide the tubes, plumbing, cords and other items that take away from the visual aspects of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom