need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4enzix

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok... was cyclin my ten gallon... tried adding raw shrimp to help the process.... i added too much i believe and now my tank is really cloudy... foam at the top and i have a worm infestation now it seems... theres a bristle worm about 4 inches long and a whole bunch of little white wormy looking things on my rock... waht do i do????

Since the Bristleworm is living and from what you desribe you have either a pod population or a worm population, it may not be as bad as it seems.
check your water parameters and get back to us.

Ouch, there is your problem...ammonia. its way high. Your biological filter is overwelmed. Remove what is left of the shrimp and see if it goes down. If not, start doing small water changes and see if that helps.

ok hows this.... i dont know what my ammonia is cuz i keep gettin different results from my two tests.... fun i know... the tnak has cleared up some... but its still a little cloudy and that foam i was saying on top has gone way down.... im gonna have to try it with another test kit but i think my ammonia has went down... gonna stick a little cheap protien skimmer in it i think... ill get back to u asap

Back
Top Bottom