Need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Willsaf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
65 gal with 20 gal sump filter 405 fluval sk skimmer how many inches of fish??? I have 3 clowns 2 plennys 3 damsels 2 mandarins all doing fine wanna give away the damsels and plennys can I get some fire fish after or no....?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

The Blennies and the damsels aren't you biggest problem, you should only have 2 clowns in this size tank and definitely not 2 mandarins (shouldn't have any but I won't get in to that). IMHO you need to do a lot of research before adding anything to this tank. There really is no inch per gallon rule that we follow, but on this size tank I'd say look for 5-8 fish depending on size/bio load.

Yea about the clowns there was some fighting 2 is mated and I noticed they attacked the other one which had his carpet anemone and just hid in it but now the pair seem to split up and the female is always in the anemone with the new clown and the male is just clowning in the other corner and about my mandarins I have a 45 that I grow corals in I can move em there but they seem fine

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I can send pictures they won't leave the carpet always cleaning it

Not the big carpets though right? I thought it was just the maxi minis that hosted the sexies, although the op never specified so that may be what he has. Either way though neither will host a clown, at least not that I've ever heard of, they're more likely to eat it than allow it to host.

Haddon's Carpet Anemone, Assorted (Stichodactyla haddoni)
And it's decent size about 5to 6 inches

It's not eating the clowns they have been in it for weeks even when I feed it the clowns will stay in it and around it ...

It is rare, but they will host...obviously. It is pretty cool when it happens. Can you take a picture for us? And as for the glass anemone shrimp, they cover themselves with mucus from the anemone so they don't get consumed...they have to hide when they molt and re-coat themselves.
BUT, as for the original question at hand, I wouldn't add any other fish. One of your clowns will most likely be bullied to death when they can't find enough space to have their own territory in the tank.
I'm also concerned about those mandarins. They are hard to care for with their pod diets. I spent a ton of cash each month pouring pods into my tank to keep one alive. Even then it only lasted over a year before passing away.
The good thing is that a 65 is a great tank. Returning a clown and mandarins would open up the possibility of other neat fish, like a firefish or a small wrasse.

Back
Top Bottom