Need help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sommy212

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I had to move from apartment and ever since I moved my tank (biocube 30g) hasn’t been the same. Literally my corals all die I only have 2 polyps of zoas because they fall and they are on the sand, but when I get a new coral I mean the easiest ones they die and my ph drops to 7.4, I do water changes every other stuff is balance but is my ph dropping that I think is causing any coral that I put to die, but the problem is I don’t know was causing it. Please need help ASAP.... thanks

What are your other parameters? What salt do you use? You using ro/di water to mix your salt? While 7.4 is low I wouldn’t chase a perfect number, increase the surface agitation and do a few large wcs with ro/di and a good reef salt I bet things will come around.

What are your other parameters? What salt do you use? You using ro/di water to mix your salt? While 7.4 is low I wouldn’t chase a perfect number, increase the surface agitation and do a few large wcs with ro/di and a good reef salt I bet things will come around.
Hi,
I was using E.S.V. B-Ionic Seawater System, and I took my water to test and he show me but I really don’t remember the exact numbers I just saw that the ph was low, and I use the buffer yesterday but today was low again

If you don’t have a quality test kit for cal alk or mag I wouldn’t use that salt. Just use a reef mix like Red Sea coral pro or reef crystals. Also you should get your own test kit, the api sw kit works for ammonia nitrite nitrate and ph, but you’ll want a better brand for phosphate, calcium, alkalinity.

My tank was running for three years, and we decided to move to a bigger apartment and I move everything in containers like when you buy corals, and suddenly I started to see less coral and I was doing the regular water changing. About the parameters I took my water to test since I have the basics, and I don’t remember the right numbers but the only thing low was the ph. Fish are healthy, so when my coral die I wait a couple of months and got some Xenia and some zoas which I think are easiest corals and guess what?? They die too

Well that could be a range of things, from alkalinity to nitrates or phosphates. Did you use old water from the move or clean water? New sand or the old sand? It sounds to me like you stirred everything that built up in 3 years and is floating around in your water column. It'll take very large water changes to solve. On top of 10% weekly water changes, I'd do large 50% ones every few days. It'll get things under control in a couple months.

Oh nice I would try that then... I have my old sand, water I have been doing the regular changes.

I use ro di filtration because where I move the tap water even kills my plants.

Next time use new sand. You can seed it with a hand full of old sand. Hopefully it will come around.

Back
Top Bottom