Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-11-2019, 01:13 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Need help!!

Hi,

I had to move from apartment and ever since I moved my tank (biocube 30g) hasnít been the same. Literally my corals all die I only have 2 polyps of zoas because they fall and they are on the sand, but when I get a new coral I mean the easiest ones they die and my ph drops to 7.4, I do water changes every other stuff is balance but is my ph dropping that I think is causing any coral that I put to die, but the problem is I donít know was causing it. Please need help ASAP.... thanks

Old 10-11-2019, 02:20 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

What are your other parameters? What salt do you use? You using ro/di water to mix your salt? While 7.4 is low I wouldnít chase a perfect number, increase the surface agitation and do a few large wcs with ro/di and a good reef salt I bet things will come around.

Old 10-11-2019, 02:31 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedsReefs10 View Post
What are your other parameters? What salt do you use? You using ro/di water to mix your salt? While 7.4 is low I wouldnít chase a perfect number, increase the surface agitation and do a few large wcs with ro/di and a good reef salt I bet things will come around.
Hi,
I was using E.S.V. B-Ionic Seawater System, and I took my water to test and he show me but I really don’t remember the exact numbers I just saw that the ph was low, and I use the buffer yesterday but today was low again
Old 10-11-2019, 08:34 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

If you donít have a quality test kit for cal alk or mag I wouldnít use that salt. Just use a reef mix like Red Sea coral pro or reef crystals. Also you should get your own test kit, the api sw kit works for ammonia nitrite nitrate and ph, but youíll want a better brand for phosphate, calcium, alkalinity.
Old 10-12-2019, 04:40 PM   #5
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Can you tell us more about the system? How long was it running prior to the move? What are the current parameters? Have you done any water changes?
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 06:16 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie

My tank was running for three years, and we decided to move to a bigger apartment and I move everything in containers like when you buy corals, and suddenly I started to see less coral and I was doing the regular water changing. About the parameters I took my water to test since I have the basics, and I don’t remember the right numbers but the only thing low was the ph. Fish are healthy, so when my coral die I wait a couple of months and got some Xenia and some zoas which I think are easiest corals and guess what?? They die too
Old 10-12-2019, 07:58 PM   #7
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Well that could be a range of things, from alkalinity to nitrates or phosphates. Did you use old water from the move or clean water? New sand or the old sand? It sounds to me like you stirred everything that built up in 3 years and is floating around in your water column. It'll take very large water changes to solve. On top of 10% weekly water changes, I'd do large 50% ones every few days. It'll get things under control in a couple months.
Old 10-12-2019, 11:18 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Oh nice I would try that then... I have my old sand, water I have been doing the regular changes.
Old Yesterday, 12:14 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Do you have copper pipes? With the water at home if you mix it from the tap water?

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -5G Spec V Snails & Betta
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:54 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I use ro di filtration because where I move the tap water even kills my plants.
Old Yesterday, 10:00 PM   #11
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Stop dosing and keep doing large water changes. RO/DI will get you where you need. Whatever the issue is, it'll work its way out after many water changes.
Old Yesterday, 10:12 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thank you

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com