need help deciding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T-man02

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello I have a 29g tank that I want to convert to saltwater I would like to know the basics of what I would need to get and how to set it up thank you for the help and limits on what kind of fish I can get and how many is possible.

-thanks

I'm no expert, but as far as stocking is concerned, I'd say you can have 4-5 fish as long as they're nano-fish and non-aggressive species. I'd say you can have a pair of small clownfish, a firefish, a green chromis, and a type of nano goby, like a yellow clown goby.

Saltwater people, am I right? =]

I'm no expert, but as far as stocking is concerned, I'd say you can have 4-5 fish as long as they're nano-fish and non-aggressive species. I'd say you can have a pair of small clownfish, a firefish, a green chromis, and a type of nano goby, like a yellow clown goby.

Saltwater people, am I right? =]
thank you i was thinking of a turbo snail for clean up

yea you can mix in a shrimp or two some snails hermits

Of course what I said isn't your only option, it was just one of many stocking options. =] If there's a certain fish you like, then you can ask about it and the people on here can tell you if it's a good choice for your setup.

Definitely. There are many, many fish that can't live happily in a small tank like yours, every species of tang is included in that. Each individual fish will need to be researched before you decide you can put it in.

there is so many to chose from I like the lions thy can house in a 29 correct?

I don't think so... I think they need a longer, more like a 4 foot tank. But please someone else answer, I'm not sure!

The web is full of BS. :p It might be right in this case, but let me see if I can PM a more knowledgable person into this thread.

This is the one type of tank I haven't done, aggressive. LOL

I believe there is a dwarf lion that can go into a 55g, some friends of mine have one. But not sure about "minimum" size.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom