Need help - i want to try corals, aneomes, or polps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beetle101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,
I have an established 50 gallon, fowlr. For Christmas I got a new light, full spectrum, nice $$ and am dying to add some new sea life! My biggest menace ( I think) is the raccoon butterflyfish. Also swimming is a cole tang, cinnamon clown, blennie and pistol shrimp combo, sailfin blennie, sunrise Dottie, Banji and pajama cardinals. Oh and a purple reef lobster.

Any suggestions - aneome types, polls, or corals ? Or what to stay away from? I just want to try a couple of easy to grow and don't want to stress about these creatures dying. I'm good at cultural maintenance and will buy vitamins, etc. Should I try frags?

Any help is appreciated! Sincerely, Joyce

for starters you'll need to remove
1.)raccoon butterfly fish
2.)purple reef lobster
these will destroy your reef

the Cole Tang needs a bigger home also

after re homing these you could start with a few softies
like mushrooms,zoa's , after you see if you can maintain a steady water quality go from there

And to add to that, what light did you get? LED, T5? And what brand? Also, wait until you have an established tank (6-8 months) before you get an anemone. If it is that old, then make sure your parameters are ideal and stay constant before you add an anemone. Softies and most LPS (duncan is a good starter too) are good for beginners.

Back
Top Bottom