Need help planning my saltwater fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishprincess

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My boyfriend and I had started a ten gallon freshwater fish tank together a few months ago, and he liked it so much he set up a 36 gallon freshwater tank.
I do enjoy this new hobby but I haven't found a fish that I really like yet. I want to set up a ten gallon saltwater tank. I want to have live rock and I want to pick some really pretty corals. And I want to find one single fish our maybe a couple that I can have in my ten gallon. And I know nothing about them but I must ask because it crossed my mind, would I be able to have some kind of starfish also? Maybe?
If anyone has any type of advice for me, please share :)

The best advise I can give you is do plenty of research before purchasing anything! Ask questions here. I would also recommend thinking of a slightly bigger tank for your first as saltwater can be easier to look after the more volume you have and the set up costs for say a 20g or 30g would be not much more than the ten. Just my opinion :) much better fish options too. If you are prepared to spend some Monday and have the patience salt water is so rewarding and very addictive !

Ok need help just started my first tank an last month my son was messing with the filter an for got to turn it off before taking it out of the water an it froth up the water an now my water has become cloudy I have changed the water twice but it is still cloudy an murky what can I do to get my water clear again?

Ok need help just started my first tank an last month my son was messing with the filter an for got to turn it off before taking it out of the water an it froth up the water an now my water has become cloudy I have changed the water twice but it is still cloudy an murky what can I do to get my water clear again?

You can put carbon in the filter it helps, for fresh and salt. Works better with a reactor, rinse it first.

The best advise I can give you is do plenty of research before purchasing anything! Ask questions here. I would also recommend thinking of a slightly bigger tank for your first as saltwater can be easier to look after the more volume you have and the set up costs for say a 20g or 30g would be not much more than the ten. Just my opinion :) much better fish options too. If you are prepared to spend some Monday and have the patience salt water is so rewarding and very addictive !

thank you very much, I will do as much research as I can, and I will ask questions on here as I go. i'm excited :)

Mtooxl if you are new to the forum then welcome! But it is generally considered very impolite to hijack other people's threads, particularly if it is not relevant to what the OP is asking...

Back
Top Bottom