Need help putting a CUC together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boyceez

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Currently i have 10 hermits 2 peppermint shrimp and a blenny. TONS of algae covering rocks and back glass walls (clean off the front and side walls for viewing pleasures) What should i add in order to help get rid of this algae problem? I was thinking snails and more hermits but i just don’t know what my best options are. Thanks! Happy reefing!

Adding livestock isn't a solution to algae. The solution of algae is lowering the nitrate and phosphate levels in the system. This can be accomplished by large water changes with ro/di water along with cutting back on feeding, as a majority of people that suffer from algae issues feed way to much (to include myself).

As we all go through this, mostly during the early stages of setting up tanks. I would suggest monitor how much you are feeding. Is all the food isn’t gone after a few minutes, it’s too much. You might need to cut back how long your lights are on. Usually excessive algae is quick to fix.

Back
Top Bottom