Need help quick!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amicus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Am in need of help. I need to know if a saltwater aquarium needs an anaerobic layer and if so what can I use?
Thanks!

It is a 24 g nano. I figured that with the live rock I can use all the elements I can. Also I have a little more than 1.5lbs of aragonite per gallon.

I am new to saltwater, a buddy in the hobby suggested that I create an anaerobic layer and that I can use plain clay to create the layer. If I don't need one I am ok with that. I am using live rock in the tank and ceramic noodles, coarse filters and then live rr in the middle section. I want to gradually create a little reef.

don't use any clay. you can get rid of the ceramic rings and filter media as well. either that or rinse them out regularly (weekly), or they will be a detritus collection spot and a source of nitrate.
the live rock has anaerobic areas in it. if you wanted more, you could just use a deeper sand bed (4" or more is recommended).

Back
Top Bottom