Need help selecting bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daddysdodgers

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all! I am new to aquarium advice, so lets see how this goes. I just found a killer deal on a 48 inch 8 bulb tek light, that is currently set up for growing plants. I need to swap the bulbs out, and dont know which way to go. I was thinking of going with 4 acintics, and two fiji purples, but not sure what to use for whites. I keep a mixed reef, with sps and Lps corals. I am replacing two 120 watt LED panels. Any advice is greatly appreciated, and I will post pics and add to my profile soon. Thanks in advance, and I look foward to meeting some new reefing friends here!!

On my 6 bulb tek elite I run 3 420nm actinics 2 Fiji purples and a new generation 14k

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120911_191435.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120911_191435.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 58
4 Aquablue specials
2 blue +'s
1 figi purple
1 ge 6500k

Great mix and makes your corals pop. Any particular reason you ditched your LEDs? What brand did you use.

I ditched the LEDs because they are starting to get old, and kinda dull. I got them from reefkoi, they are the 120 watt panels. One of the fans is super noisy, and overall, I'm just ready for a change. The T5s have a "real" look, I guess, compared to the LEDs that make it look that a rave party going on in my tank. I have never run T5s on my reef, so I just want to see how they work comparitively. I got a great deal on the fixture, so I figured I had to try it.

Back
Top Bottom