Need help selecting coral. What type of mushroom?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jasno999

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well I have a 10 gallon tank going. Been set up and runing over a year however I have not really added coral to it until jsut recently becasuse I had let the tank go and alge overtook it.

Currently:

Live rock that has been in there since a year ago.
1- pink bubble coral
1- Damsel (Black and white)
50- Snails (Naseruth) Sorry abotu the spelling.
1 HOB bio wheel filter
1 seaclone skimmer with som mods.
1 power compaq florecent (Coralife 94W power quad)
1- circulation powerhead pump forget the output

What I am tryign to figure out is what I can put in this tank when it comes to Coral. Right now I want to get somehtign that is on the cheaper end of the spectrum that is hardy and will do well.

I am thinking some mushroom coral. From what I hear and read it is pretty hardy and will spread in a tank if the parameters and conditions are right. I want somehting that will look good but more importantly somethng that will multiply and fill up some of the space i nthe tank.

due to the fact that I am eventually goign to have to move out of my apartment I don't want to go too crazy with spending for fear that the move could kill things in the future.

If anybody would be willign to mail me a frag of their coral I would be more than willign to pay for shipping and even a small fee for your trouble. Let me know Jason_Crandall@Hotmail.com

Jason,

I see you are from King of Prussia . . . I live in Conshohocken. There is a GREAT fish store about 45 minutes away from us that has all kinds of very healthy corals, and a frag section that has tons of small frags that range from $5 - $20. Check out this website www.toofishy.com. I usually make the trip out there every 3-4 weeks and I am never disappointed. It is a small store that is only open on the weekends from 10-5. They have great quality and very good prices. If I were you, I would start there. That way, you don't have to worry about shipping costs!!!

PM me if you have any other questions!

tripper

Get the red and blue mushrooms. If you look in my gallery you will see mine. The blue ones all came from one mushroom that someone gave me. The red ones came from a small rock that had three on it . I now have about a hundred of them.

Back
Top Bottom