Need help with Caribsea Aeagonite sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nobody1973

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I really need some help with this guys. Here's the deal, I went out today and bought some of the Caribsea seaflor special grade reef sand to replace the CC that's in my tank now. My first question is will I have to go through a cycle again if I keep all the water thats in the tank now? See the thing is I don't have any place to put all my shrimp and star fish because my QT tank has had copper in it so many times I'm scared to put them in there with the fish. Please fill me in on what you would do in my spot. Oh and is this Caribsea seaflor special grade reef sand any good?

There is an article on the site discussing how to change out your substrate. I pretty much would tell you to do exactly what it says so im just going to post the link.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/showquestion.php?faq=2&fldAuto=27

As far as what to do with the inverts, since you only want to change out a portion of the substrate at a time I would use a tank divider of some fashion, or a plastic strainer to keep them out of the area you are sucking substrate from if your concern is sucking them up or something like that. To give you more help I would suggest posting back what process you were going to use to replace the substrate.
Oh and is this Caribsea seaflor special grade reef sand any good?
I have 100lbs of it in my tank and its good. If you bought it for the beneficial buffering it provides I don't recommend you rinse it. HTH

Back
Top Bottom