need help with coral placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
im really starting to get confused with placing my corals, i have a duncan coral and its open and moving a little but when i first put it in it was filly stretched and exposed and for w.e reason now not the same i have put it in all differant spots and the flow is really the same in most of em i only have one power head in their right now its a 45 gallon tank but i plan on getting another little one to move the water around more but i know the duncan coral doesnt even require that much flow so im kind of confused on what i might be doing wrong here can anyone help? the light fixture is a sola max dual T5 HO

How long has the Duncan been in your tank? Some of them like moderate lighting and flow, or so I've heard. From my limited experience, my corals seem to cycle through periods where they are vibrant and fully extended to periods where they seem to be hibernating and conserving energy. They are fascinating to observe but I've certainly not figured them all out yet. I'd try protected night feedings to see if it perks up. Beyond that.... patiently watch and keep your tank in tip top shape. (Disclaimer: I'm not a skilled aquariast in real life however, I do play one on TV :).

Back
Top Bottom