Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-01-2006, 12:57 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Florida8
You know, if it's that "muddy" and dirty, you might as well remove all the water, besides, moving with even 20% water left, plus substrate is going to put a lot on that tank glass... I say drain it all, start over with fresh rinsed substrate and then put the LR back and start a cycle... that way you arent setting yourself up for more problems.

You can trade the star or set them up in a smaller tank temp for a few weeks while you recycle...

That's what I would do... just my 2 cents Good luck and keep us posted

29g reef
2 ph and 1 HOB =460 gph
130watt Orbit lighting system
50+lbs lr
1 blue green chromis, domino, blue devil
6 turbo snails
1 mantis GRRRR!
Florida8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 11:18 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida8
You know, if it's that "muddy" and dirty, you might as well remove all the water, besides, moving with even 20% water left, plus substrate is going to put a lot on that tank glass... I say drain it all, start over with fresh rinsed substrate and then put the LR back and start a cycle... that way you arent setting yourself up for more problems.

You can trade the star or set them up in a smaller tank temp for a few weeks while you recycle...

That's what I would do... just my 2 cents Good luck and keep us posted
That is exactly what I did. Gave the starfish away, and drained it. I had to work 6 hrs tonight, so I wouldnt have gotten a chance to take care of it, plus it was way too much work. The added stress of the move + the new water conditions probably would have been too much.

So there we go.... I might start a salt tank, or I might sell it. I'll ask you some ?s if I keep it.

Thanks again ya'll

Tags
starfish, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com