Need help with livestock goals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

InfernoST

Aquarium Advice Addict
We have our first pair of clowns Nemo & Marlin. This is the livestock list my daughter and I compiled and want to know if it is possible, here is the list.

Specimen QTY Status

Percula Clown 2 Have
Blue Tang (Dori) 1 Prospect
Yellow Tang 1 Prospect
Blue Yellow Hippo Tang 1 Prospect
Firefish Goby 1 Prospect
Zebra Barbed Dartfish 1 Prospect
Kauderns Cardinal 1 Prospect
Horned Blenny 1 Prospect
Nassarius Snails 5 Prospect
Super Tongan Nassarius Snails 5 Prospect
Electric Blue Hermits 3 Prospect
Halloween Hermits 3 Prospect
Anemone for Nemo & Marlin 2 Prospect

I'm not sure if the list is compatible, and not sure what type of anemone would be good and how long i have to wait to put one in the tank. The tank is 60" 120 Gal and cycled last Friday and tomorrow will make the tank 4 weeks old. For additional info on tank please see my tanks.

You definitely don't want 3 tangs in there...Go with two that have different body types, like the blue and yellow, but they may fight for a bit.
The dartfish probably does better with more than one. I like the forktail blenny (a good mid level swimmer...with super cool eyes), or a midas blenny.
I think the Cardinal is more noctornal, the ones in the LFS don't seem to move around much, but I have read posts of folks here that see them swim quite a bit (I don't really know too much about them).
That blenny might not get along with the dartfish or the blennies I mentioned above.
How about a goby pistol shrimp combo?
CUC looks good, I have both the small and large nassis in my 55. Take a look at margiritas and ceriths as well.

I agree that three tangs will not make it in a 75. Try a yellow tang and a yellow eyed kole tang. Different body types and colors. I agree with going with a goby. Pink spotted goby will be great.

You definitely don't want 3 tangs in there...Go with two that have different body types, like the blue and yellow, but they may fight for a bit.
The dartfish probably does better with more than one. I like the forktail blenny (a good mid level swimmer...with super cool eyes), or a midas blenny.
I think the Cardinal is more noctornal, the ones in the LFS don't seem to move around much, but I have read posts of folks here that see them swim quite a bit (I don't really know too much about them).
That blenny might not get along with the dartfish or the blennies I mentioned above.
How about a goby pistol shrimp combo?
CUC looks good, I have both the small and large nassis in my 55. Take a look at margiritas and ceriths as well.
Thanks Roka. Nocturnal, no good we want to be able to see our friends. The tangs, How about the Blue & Yellow Hippo with the yellow, i think I can convince my daughter it's a better looking dori (I hope). I'll look into the the forktail and midas Gobies and show the boss your other recommendations.

I agree that three tangs will not make it in a 75. Try a yellow tang and a yellow eyed kole tang. Different body types and colors. I agree with going with a goby. Pink spotted goby will be great.
Mike the tank is a 120 not a 75. Aren't the yellow eyed kole and yellow tang similar in shape? I like the look of the yellow eyed kole and I know for a fact my daughter likes the pink spotted goby. Thanks for the help.

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but since your all talking about goby's.. whats the name of the goby that is pretty much a sand sifter? It borrows in the sand and uses its mouth to do it.. something like that. I've seen one of those gobys in action in a Sw tank before and they are pretty darn awesome. They make little holes in the sand. I think you should get one of those, whatever their names are.

My substrate is semi coarse aragonite/oolite and do not know if they would like it.

We have our first pair of clowns Nemo & Marlin. This is the livestock list my daughter and I compiled and want to know if it is possible, here is the list.

Specimen QTY Status

Percula Clown 2 Have
Blue Tang (Dori) 1 Prospect
Yellow Tang 1 Prospect
Blue Yellow Hippo Tang 1 Prospect
Firefish Goby 1 Prospect
Zebra Barbed Dartfish 1 Prospect
Kauderns Cardinal 1 Prospect
Horned Blenny 1 Prospect
Nassarius Snails 5 Prospect
Super Tongan Nassarius Snails 5 Prospect
Electric Blue Hermits 3 Prospect
Halloween Hermits 3 Prospect
Anemone for Nemo & Marlin 2 Prospect

I'm not sure if the list is compatible, and not sure what type of anemone would be good and how long i have to wait to put one in the tank. The tank is 60" 120 Gal and cycled last Friday and tomorrow will make the tank 4 weeks old. For additional info on tank please see my tanks.

You might find some helpful information on this link

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/articles/articles/78/1/Saltwater-Fish-Compatibility-Guides/Page1.html

I found out today that different hermits will attack and kill one another. I don't know which ones attack which but I know it happens. Anyone have anymore details?

I didn't know that either thanks for the heads up, i just put 10 red tip hermits in the tank 2 days ago along with turbo snails & Nassarius snails. I do know if the hermits don't have enough food or extra larger shells in the tank they will eat a snail and take his shell. They almost sound like New Yorkers.

Hermits will attack other hermits for the larger shell, they will also attack snails. I have seen one try to attack my conch. That's just the nature of the beast...If they need a bigger home, they take it, if they can.

Back
Top Bottom