Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-18-2014, 11:41 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Need help with new 90g setup conversion

No shocker, but I'm bored with my 90g freshwater. I don't want to invest in plants and would rather do a saltwater tank.

To start I plan on doing a fish only tank with live rock and live sand and eventually down the road invest in lighting for coral. I have the materials to build my own sump, 36" x 15" x 15", that will be 35g. I just ordered my protein skimmer, terminator ii, seemed like a good deal, $85 new in box including everything needed. I don't plan on drilling holes in the tank so will do a HOB overflow, probably going to go the PVC DIY way and may make two, if needed. I'm not sure , what return pump to get. I see some people saying between 500gph - 1000gph. I wouldn't mind getting a starter pump, but would rather get something that is going to work with a reef tank in the future instead of spending the money twice.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
90 gallon beginner! Hardy like a swordtail
newfrye is offline   Reply With Quote

conversion, setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search